The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

How do I?

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

How do I?

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Can anyone provide a step by step guide on how to convert an AI aircraft into a static bgl scenery format?

Would like to be able to place statics now and again using ADE, but the choice available on Avsim is rather restricted.

Thanks
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: How do I?

Post by gsnde »

Stew,

Have you already played around with Don Grovestines's SAMM? If not have a read about it here.
If it sounds okay for you, have a look at the manual here.
It is pretty straightforward.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

I did try it some time back - and managed to creat the square root of bugger all. :smt005

Most likely the operator and not the tool that was at fault.

Thanks mate, I had forgotten about that little program. Will try again and see if I can make something this time.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You were a noob dabbling back in them days, Stew. Now you are an expert, you get it this time. :D
Steve
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Well.........................I just spent an hour getting nowhere. :x
Stew

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Well - no further forward, so I am going to take a leaf out of Robert the Bruce's book...................with my own usual twist.

"If at first ye don't succeed.................................pull yer foreskin o'er yer heid!!"

:twisted: :smt005
Stew

SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Stewart Pearson wrote:Well - no further forward, so I am going to take a leaf out of Robert the Bruce's book...................with my own usual twist.

"If at first ye don't succeed.................................pull yer foreskin o'er yer heid!!"

There was a simple 2 clicks and you're done tool that I used once before.... Let me see if I can find it (I'm a file hoarder...)

SeanG
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

SeanG wrote:
Stewart Pearson wrote:Well - no further forward, so I am going to take a leaf out of Robert the Bruce's book...................with my own usual twist.

There was a simple 2 clicks and you're done tool that I used once before.... Let me see if I can find it (I'm a file hoarder...)

SeanG
Interesting... it *was* SAMM I used, but I had a very early beta version, which was available at FS Developer. The new one is way cooler! I just downloaded the latest one, and it's great. Should work easily for you.....

SeanG
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

SeanG wrote:Interesting... it *was* SAMM I used, but I had a very early beta version, which was available at FS Developer. The new one is way cooler! I just downloaded the latest one, and it's great. Should work easily for you.....

SeanG
Hi Sean,

I have so far managed to create the bgl and bmp files without problems. I'm hitting a wall when trying to place the static with ADE.

No trouble using ADE to actually find and place the bgl, but cannot get anything to show in the sim itself. :?
Stew

cattz
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by cattz »

Stewart, do you have the textures included in the right scenery/texture folder?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Okay dokey, think I've got it now........................and as anticipated it was operator error :oops:
Stew