The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
fishlips

Re: F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Post by fishlips »

The original code is causing an error (part dictionary) in the xml file, after deleting the code all is fine again. Must be something wrong with the original code which was wiping out other parts of the xml file which used similar code names like A:GENERAL ENG1 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION, percent or A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION, percent

Never seen that before. A fluke find as you don't normally open the xml file by double clicking on it.
Last edited by fishlips on 11 Jul 2013, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Kevin,

It would seem both those tags can be used. A:GENERAL ENG1 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION, percent or A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1, percent
Also, the code works fine with out that extra close }.
What a strange situation it is.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Some more test loadouts!
1.jpg
maverick69
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by maverick69 »

Does it really fly with all those gadgets attached to the pylons? :lol:
- Maurizio C.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

maverick69 wrote:Does it really fly with all those gadgets attached to the pylons? :lol:

Looks like it may.
Attachments
image.jpg
Mark
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Does it really fly with all those gadgets attached to the pylons
My god I hope so, otherwise I've wasted a fair bit of my time. :wink:

Well my other answer is, may be and may be.

I don't think I've seen a photo of it carrying any loadouts under the wing while in flight so we have to take the word of Lockheed Martin that it does. But as this aircraft has been pretty much a flop in real life, who knows if it can even carry and launch real load outs from the internal bays.
The only photo that I have of it with loadouts mounted under the wing to my memory is of the F35c which is mounted up on a work station.
I can't even be sure what the external fuel tanks look like, I only have drawing of them to from. Such are the early days of the F-35 series.
cheer's,
Mark
Attachments
1.jpg
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Yeap, got all of them and a couple of hundred more. But thanks for the effort.
Avoid that last link, it sent my security program nuts and blocked the site.
cheers,
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Cruise missiles
1.jpg
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

fishlips wrote:Cruise missiles
1.jpg

Do you have a copy of Nick's weapons .fsc file by chance? It doesn't have this cruise missle in it but it does have a lot of weapons. Probably best to ask him for a copy if you don't already have it.

Any chance I can get a beta version of your F-35A model?? It would be great to test it at Nellis! :smt003
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Mike,
I forgot about Nick's weapons in the Hornet pack, that could have saved some time and effort. :wink:
I took a peek and there was no cruise missiles but a good range of common guided and dumb weapons. :P
I'm trying to keep all the textures to one sheet, so if I was to use anything, it's paintwork would be moved to my texture.
Another thing is, the weapons will pretty much be unpaintable in repaints due to the way that I'm placing them onto the sheet due to a lack of open space, so what you get is what you get. If you wish to contribute models to the range of weapons that his aircraft carries, I'm all ears but people, please don't ask for extras once the AI is compiled and finished as I'll be death in my abscence.
The F-35A textures will not be as sharp in FS9 as it would be in FSX due to lower resolution of the texture sheet of 1024p.
I intend to work on the F-35A after this model is compiled for FS9 as a learning tool to move into FSX & Prepar3d development full time.
Not sure if my models will have the great FDE's that Mike Mac specifically develops for FS9, but hopefully Mike M is also working toward those platforms also.

Mike JG, not sure if I have your email address after all these years. I have just about everybody else. Drop me a PM.
cheer's,
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

StormShadow cruise missile about to make somebodies day!
1.jpg
2.jpg
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Well that's it for now from me, the rest is in the hands of Kevin (Weescottie). Like you I'm looking forward to seeing it!
cheer's,
Mark G
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

It's coming along slowly.

Helping out John with some XML that will be able to used directly with the F-35B.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Unless there is an objection by Kevin or Mike Mac, I'll be uploading a range of F-35A's this week. The models will not have lightmaps or a paint kit included. Simply because I couldn't be bothered making a lightmap or sorting out the Photoshop file for a Paintkit. I've never been good at making paint kits any way.
I'm happy to email or have posted here the current messy Photoshop file if anybody is interested in painting this model. By the way, this model uses a different texture lay out to the B-model that Kevin is working on. I'm sure he will do a much cleaner job than me.
cheer's,
Mark G
1.jpg
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Only missing a couple of bats to set the scene of a scary movie!
7.jpg
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

I see this aircraft online on flightim.com today. I'll test it as soon (saturday). Thanks for it.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Hi Mark

there is a small error in the F35A 'Aircraft.cfg'

All the sim= lines read:
sim=MGAI_Lockheed_Martin_F-35A_Lightning_II_AI_ONLY.air

Should read:
MGAI_Lockheed_Martin_F-35A_Lightning_II_AI_ONLY

Easily enough to fix but may confuse some of the beginners

Loading it into my sim now to have a look :D :D :D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Great model :mrgreen:
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Great job Mark, not a fan of the real one, but it has been inspiring to follow the progress of the AI version.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris