The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
fishlips

Re: F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Post by fishlips »

Hi Mark
there is a small error in the F35A 'Aircraft.cfg'
All the sim= lines read:
sim=MGAI_Lockheed_Martin_F-35A_Lightning_II_AI_ONLY.air
Should read:
MGAI_Lockheed_Martin_F-35A_Lightning_II_AI_ONLY
Easily enough to fix but may confuse some of the beginners
Yeap, there sure is but thankfully it's only a typo. It does not actually effect the operation of the aircraft in the simulator. It just see's the .air as part of the file name. Could get confusing for some people but I'm sure they will muddle through and even if they remove the .air, it the model will still continue to operate in the simulator as normal. So not really an error, just a typo that is out of normal practice. :wink:
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Guy's,
The painting of this model is up to you, the FS community. The major paintable parts on this model are easy to do, upper and lower fuselage/wing and left/right/bottom side of the forward fuselage. A couple of little bits like wing tips to consider otherwise its pretty straight forward.
Some of you may wish to redraw the panel lines as the A-model also came out with less bulky line effect around its hatches and doors.
cheer and enjoy,
Mark G
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Already on it! :smt002

New Kid On the Block
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to stop snif-

.. sorry, do a full reinstall of Windows (and therefor also FS9) :wink:

Thanks a lot Mark, looking forward to playing around with it :D
james84

Post by james84 »

Congrats Mark, great model!
Thank you so much!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Guy's,
I've been reminded that I forgot to correct the wheel texture alignment, so it may look a little whonky at low speeds. I just wish to say, as I reported to Steve in the beta testing stages, I think the problem rests with the texture it self as I copy/pasted the wheels from a photo which may not have been entirely straight-on and therefore a little oval shaping could be occuring on the rim. I've never been able to do tire rims correctly within textures, never learn't that trick.
This must be something that painters come across from time to time so hopefully they can correct the issue at there convienance.
Please let me kmow if it cant be corrected and I may look further into it, model wise but first I must have a correctly shaped tire rim on the texture sheet. :shock:
All this is handy info for the F-35B model which is still in the production hands of Kevin Reed.
cheer's,
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Bugger, I forgot to add the pre-flight warning flags to the model before compiling. Bugger, bugger!
Too late now in this version, may be in an update version. Just as well it's a cheap model, I'd feel ripped off otherwise!
cheer's,
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Anybody who asked for a paint kit and didn't get one back by email, please PM me.
Cheer's,
Mark G
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

Going to have a look at the paint kit you sent tonight and see what I can do with it. Looking forward to adding these in the sim!

I think I have all the current serials.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Excellent Mark, I hope your able to navigate it ok.
Mike JG has indicated that he may make further tweaks to it via the source files if necessary.
cheer's,
Mark G
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

fishlips wrote:Excellent Mark, I hope your able to navigate it ok.
Mike JG has indicated that he may make further tweaks to it via the source files if necessary.
cheer's,
Mark G
Paintkit isn't bad at all. Got most of it organised into folders and merged a few layers...making pretty good progress. Nice work on this one Mark!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Glad to hear that Mark. Looking forward to your Maestro touch of the brush on this one.
cheer's,
Mark G
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Now all required is a set of flightplans. :wink:
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

The flightplans, once you get paints, as an idea if anyone just wants to get these up and running, using AIFP and a little research you can have these in the air. First, find the squadron your F-35 unit is replacing. Find the appropriate MAIW flightplans for the old unit, erase the planes in that flightplan in AIFP, and add the F-35's. Use the find/replace feature to replace unnecessary airports with ones that are more suitable. Then recompile and rename, and you should be good.

Just what I do, not necessarily professional, but it will put your F-35's in the air. :smt002

Is this downloadable anywhere yet? I can't seem to find it on the regular sites.

It looks really good. Good job guys. I can't wait to see them in my sim!
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

You can find the F-35A at Flightsim.com or Avsim.com or the follow the direct link http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... fid=174289 to it's download page at Flightsim.com

You could also try doing a seach for: FS2004 F-35A JSF Lightning II or mg_ai_f-35a_jsf_lightning_ii.zip

Regards,
Mark Griggs
Last edited by fishlips on 27 Jul 2013, 05:09, edited 2 times in total.
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

Thanks Mark. Much appreciated, you guys did a helluva job on this one!
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Laddies and gents,
When using this AI aircraft, please give a thought to the people behind the scenes who helped make this model possible to use in your simulator.
Without a fully modded Flight Dynamic and Aircraft Config file, the model would look very ordinary and many of the special effects such as landing gear suspension of which the F-35 has a huge movement, would not be possible. The FDE operates all the life movements of the model within the simulator and a quick glance within the Aircraft config file just gives a tiny look into world of how many parameters need to be set to make the model fly the way it does. These are custom flight dynamic's so one size does not fit all, so please give Mike MacIntyre three cheer's for his behind the scenes work on bringing the F-35A to your sim skies.

Also a special thank's to Kevin Reed and Andrew Hall for there excellent custom developed xml codes that separates this AI model from all the others.

Also to the people who offered advice and encouragement to move the model along to release, a big thank you!

Cheer's,
Mark G
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

:smt006 A big thanks to Mark, Mike, Kevin, Andrew and anyone else involved. Works in FSX, too! Too bad the real one wasn't developed this quickly. Maybe Lockheed Martin ought to be offering you all a job !
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Joecoastie wrote::smt006 A big thanks to Mark, Mike, Kevin, Andrew and anyone else involved. Works in FSX, too! Too bad the real one wasn't developed this quickly. Maybe Lockheed Martin ought to be offering you all a job !
"2" from me as well. It was actually very cool to see the entire process unfold here on the threads, with WIP screens and dialog from other members helping out. Once released, like other models, the repaints and FP's get attention quickly. This probably means I'll open up FSDS, look at my own rotary wing project, get frustrated/drink and quit.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Bump twice! :smt002 Ron