The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI Afterburners

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
usb
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

AI Afterburners

Post by usb »

I read somewhere you can change the length of time the after burners stay lit and I can't remember what to change the [Emulator] line or something. I was looking for something else a got a glimps forgot where. Any help?
Mike G.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: AI Afterburners

Post by MIKE JG »

Under each [Emitter] section there is a line for "Delay=". That's what you want to change on all the Emitter values.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
usb
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

So, sat the fx_f16_ab.fx effects file has 17 [Emitter] sections all say Delay=39.300, 39.300. Change all 17 the same say 60.000, 60.000 and this would extend the duration from the prescribed Lifetime=0.50, 0.50 longer then 50 seconds more like over one minute?

Mike G.
Mike G.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

LOL Mike are you talking to yourself :lol: :lol:
Mark
usb
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by usb »

I thought you might notice. Since you seem to have more knowledge then I on design am I correct in my deduction on the AB timing? I am rather novice with the design aspect of both FS9 and FSX but I like to add my own Military AI and private airshows. The Commercial stuff I just use WOAI which I couldn't even compete.
Also, since I have you on the box, what utility do I need to work with the model folder and the .mdl files? I am starting to learn a little with the air files using air152up. Things like getting the F-14's to trap on my aircraft carriers. Someone here gave us the instructions to do that last year.

Mike
hope I'm not talking to myself yet.
Mike G.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There are just too many Mike G's in this thread. It's very confusing.
Steve