The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

XML Animation help...

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

XML Animation help...

Post by SeanG »

I am an absolute newbie at XML animation, and I need a little help;

I have built a simple 707 Tanker model with basic animation (gear, flaps and engine fans) but want to try something a little different..

What I want to do is have the gear animation inhibited above 10,000ft, as I have the drogues extending linked with the gear (so that the model also works in Multiplayer)
So.. I just need some help adding the altitude parameter into the gear animation, if that is even possible?

SeanG
fishlips

Re: XML Animation help...

Post by fishlips »

You could possibly hook the drouge animation to the Concorde nose for which you can add the animation button to your keyboard or joystick buttons. I think the Concorde animation works in multi-player mode ???
cheer's,
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

fishlips wrote:You could possibly hook the drouge animation to the Concorde nose for which you can add the animation button to your keyboard or joystick buttons. I think the Concorde animation works in multi-player mode ???
cheer's,
The multiplayer part of the equation is working, I am now trying to do some scullduglery with the AI part of it.
Basically, what I want to achieve is an AI model which I can have doing circuits at a waypoint/airport at >10000ft and not have the gear and drogues animate. i.e. the gear will stay up during the approach phase of the circuit.

This is all for a specific scenario, so wont have much appeal in normal AI use, more of a prop for flying my simpit :)

SeanG
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

To my understandung, I'm not sure you can have both. It's either a multi-player model that uses default xml or it's an AI using custom xml.
On-line servers like that used by Vatsim often will not recognise custom xml code so that would mean that your altered code for the drouge could possably also see the gear not work in multi-player mode.
There are guy's at FSdeveloper.com that may be able to help you further with this issue.
regards,
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

fishlips wrote:There are guy's at FSdeveloper.com that may be able to help you further with this issue.
regards,
Thanks mate, I'll pop over there and ask :)

SeanG
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Your welcome :P