The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Parking radii

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
sr01
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Parking radii

Post by sr01 »

This one's for the gurus
Does the radius for an A/C's parking spot reflect it's wingspan only ? For instance, if you have an AI 104 with a wingspan of 21'9" and a length of 54 ' ,WILL the A/C fit into a spot with a radius of 1/2 the wingspan or does the length also influence this ?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Parking radii

Post by Firebird »

The simple answer is that in FS9 the answer, strictly speaking, is neither.
For FS9 its size comes from the mdl. It could as simple as either length or wingspan HOWEVER if you have any addon parts (e.g. fire bottles, cargo crates or drag chutes) then it will increase the size of the mdl and therefore the required wingspan.

What you can do is use one of various tools to alter the size built in to the mdl to anything you like. I personally take into account both length and wingspan when altering the size.

In FSX it ignores any builtin mdl parm and uses exclusively the wingspan from the aircraft.cfg.
Steve
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

Thank's Steve for your answer.
I guess one other way around it is to overlap the parking spaces as Giorgio did in his tribute to MP JY etc. post here
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 20&t=14282
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

It worked !!!Severely overlapped the parking spots @ CYOD and rotated them 180 degrees so the CF-104's are much closer together and now facing the right way on the ramp .
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

I have found that by increasing all "MIL_COMBAT" slots to 60ft I get Fighters appearing where previously there had been none.