The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JMAI B-52B

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Re: JMAI B-52B

Post by Garysb »

Greg
I thought that with anything but week plans it would do tng automatically

But if not FP should be

AC#1,AF7101,100%,24Hr,IFR,17:00:00,tng/20:24:23,030,F,7101,KBAD,07:00:00,tng/12:58:18,030,F,7201,KBAD

not sure if it should be tng/ or just tng

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Without the slash, so:

Code: Select all

AC#1,AF7101,100%,24Hr,IFR,17:00:00,TNG20:24:23,030,F,7101,KBAD,07:00:00,TNG12:58:18,030,F,7201,KBAD
The slash is only needed for weekly flightplans between the day of the week and the time, e.g.

Code: Select all

AC#1,AF7101,100%,WEEK,IFR,1/17:00:00,TNG1/20:24:23,030,F,7101,KBAD,2/07:00:00,TNG2/12:58:18,030,F,7201,KBAD
The compiler ignores any arrival time you put in that field and calculates its own, unless you put "TNG" or "@".
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

Garysb wrote:Well those FP's look like they will never work
AC#1,AF7101,100%,24Hr,IFR,17:00:00,16:24:23,310,F,7101,KBAD,18:00:00,16:58:18,310,F,7201,KBAD
What this is saying is every 24hours you take off at 17:00 fly till 16:24 next day land back at KBADthen take off again at 18:00 the day before ever 24 hours
Should be something like
AC#1,AF7101,100%,24Hr,IFR,17:00:00,20:24:23,030,F,7101,KBAD,07:00:00,12:58:18,030,F,7201,KBAD
as an example
it will now do TNG from 17:00 to 20:20 then TNG 07:00 to 12:58 every 24 hours (also changed 310 to 030 as this is telling it to do circuits at 31,000' now 3000')
note times are GMT
Try that
Gary
If and only IF, you run the flightplans through Ttools, you would find that Ttools will change the landing times,

AC#1,AF7101,100%,24Hr,IFR,16:59:53,17:14:49,310,F,7101,KBAD,18:00:00,18:14:56,310,F,7201,KBAD

Looks like they will work now!
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

John Young wrote:
wbunnell wrote:I can’t quite understand hat different flightplans can have on the outcome of of this problem, I’m sure you could make some flightplans, maybe not.
Yes I know how to make flight plans. It just saves me time, trying to help you.

So, I extracted the 16 B-51B aircraft from the jmai_b52_traffic1.zip and built an aircraft.txt file. I used your flight plans (16 aircraft) and your AFCAD and tested at 17:00 GMT when all the aircraft depart together.

There was no observed problem:

The aircraft park level and depart level.

I'm stumped now. I can't really see how a conflicting AFCAD would cause your aircraft to spawn nose down into the ramp. The traffic file won't do that. The logical explanation is that your FDE is different to the set in the zip.

Just check that your aircraft.cfg file has:

empty_weight_CG_position = 21.0, 0, 0

empty_weight_roll_MOI = 15352310
empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 24223159
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 39531785
empty_weight_coupled_MOI = 0

static_pitch = 0.0
static_cg_height = 11.865

If all those tally, then there's nothing else I can suggest unfortunately.

John
All the items you suggested are the same, now if I could have aircraft like in your picture, I’d be happy. I guess I’ll just have to with a B-52B.

As for the making of the flightplans, we have to remember, they are TEST flight…
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

So if the afcad, flightplans, aircraft and fde are the same then there must be something else that is unique to your setup.

What might be worth doing is to rename your fs9,cfg file to fs9_safe.cfg and then allowing FS9 to rebuild a new cfg file and see what happens then. It maybe that you have a weird setting or error that has crept into your file. If that solves the issue then you can use a compare proggie to see what the differences are.

One last thing, can you confirm that you have the FS9,1 update installed?
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

@ doesn't work in fs9, it worked in fs8
Giorgio
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

bismarck wrote:@ doesn't work in fs9, it worked in fs8
Giorgio
That's a whole other can of worms... I don't think we want to go there. :lol:

I was only quoting the TTools manual.
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

Firebird wrote:So if the afcad, flightplans, aircraft and fde are the same then there must be something else that is unique to your setup.

What might be worth doing is to rename your fs9,cfg file to fs9_safe.cfg and then allowing FS9 to rebuild a new cfg file and see what happens then. It maybe that you have a weird setting or error that has crept into your file. If that solves the issue then you can use a compare proggie to see what the differences are.

One last thing, can you confirm that you have the FS9,1 update installed?
What Update?
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

There was a big update released by MS in 2004 that corrected a lot of problems with the original FS9. It is available from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... px?id=9727
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

Installed windows update for FS9, nothing changed!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

So you are now using FS9.1, did you delete rename the fs9,cfg?

The reason I say is that this move has cleared out some issues I have had over the years. Also the docs for the FS9.1 update say that you should install that on a clean system.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just re-reading the posts in case I've missed something.

wbunnel, in your response to mine yesterday, the second sentence in the quote below seems incomplete. What will you have to with a B-52B?
wbunnell wrote:All the items you suggested are the same, now if I could have aircraft like in your picture, I’d be happy. I guess I’ll just have to with a B-52B.
Was the intended sentence "I guess I'll just have to live without a B-52B". If that's the case, I just want to confirm that the other B-52 models in the zip have the same nose-down problem?
If you installed the optional IFR models for TNGs, do these also have the same problem?

I can induce your problem by raising the height values of points 2 and 3 (aft gear) in the [Contact Points} section of the aircraft.cfg file from 12 ft to 17ft. If you decrease points 3 and 4 heights (fwd gear) (12ft) does that correct the nose-down attitude?

Could you possibly post a screen shot please of the aircraft in your flight plan with the noses buried in the ramp? Seeing the problem might just trigger something.

John
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

The B-52B model is the only aircraft that falls into the ramp, the C,D,E,F,G, and H models do what they’re supposed to.

Need a briefing on Contact Points, the only thing I’ve done with contact points is copy and paste from one type aircraft to another aircraft of the same type.

Where can I find information on contact points?
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

Firebird wrote:So you are now using FS9.1, did you delete rename the fs9,cfg?

The reason I say is that this move has cleared out some issues I have had over the years. Also the docs for the FS9.1 update say that you should install that on a clean system.

Apparently installed it correctly, no errors were noted when installing the update.

I don’t see any fs9,cfg file in flight simulator main folder, I do see a FS9 update uninstall file.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

wbunnell wrote:The B-52B model is the only aircraft that falls into the ramp, the C,D,E,F,G, and H models do what they’re supposed to.
Glad I sought that clarification.

That would tend to rule out any problems with your FS9 installation itself, including the .cfg file or patch. A quick look at the aircraft.cfg files and .air files for the different JMAI B-52 models suggests they are the same apart from the individual aircraft details and the model assignment. I know you state that the B-52B was installed straight from the "box", but the most obvious explanation for the problem is that something in the aircraft.cfg file for the B-52B has changed.

Forget about the screen shot and the contact points test. Back up your B-52B aircraft.cfg file and replace it with the one used successfully in my test. Install a fresh copy of the B-52B .air file just in case.

Does it solve the problem?

John
Attachments
Aircraft.cfg
(23.7 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

wbunnell wrote:

Apparently installed it correctly, no errors were noted when installing the update.

I don’t see any fs9,cfg file in flight simulator main folder, I do see a FS9 update uninstall file.
The file isn't in the main location it is held in your system appdata folder. On Windows 7 this is C:\Users\**Your ID**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9
A quick note here is that that Appdata folder by default is hidden so you will need to make dure that you can see hidden files and folders.
Steve
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

Tried your Aircraft.cfg file, SOSDD. “Same old ---- different day”.

I took the complete Aircraft.cfg from the original B-52B, minus the aircraft, placed it in a B-52D model. The aircraft appeared and stayed upright. I have tried it the other way B-52D aircraft.cfg file minus the aircraft with the same results.

I’m afraid my Flight simulator doesn’t like B-52Bs. Which brings to mind the old Packard Bell technique, Format and Restore.

I appreciate the help you guys gave me. THANKS..
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

Firebird wrote:
wbunnell wrote:

The file isn't in the main location it is held in your system appdata folder. On Windows 7 this is C:\Users\**Your ID**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9
A quick note here is that that Appdata folder by default is hidden so you will need to make dure that you can see hidden files and folders.

I found a FS9.CFG in the, AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9, folder.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

wbunnell wrote:Tried your Aircraft.cfg file, SOSDD. “Same old ---- different day”.
That's just weird, absolutely weird. The second part of what you did points to the model file for the B-52B being the culprit (the .air files look to be the same for the B and C models at 8395 bytes each). The B model works fine for me, I'm sure it did for the authors and the other people who have used it and reported it as OK in this topic.

If you ever figure out what's causing this, be sure to post here. It's disappointing not being able to bottom it.

John
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

I tried changing the model file, from the RB-52 folder. No luck.

Will try the C model, there’s a B model in the multiplayer folder.