The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Helicopter Takeoff

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Helicopter Takeoff

Post by wbunnell »

I am trying to launch Helicopters in a short distance as, possible. Using the Army CH-47, and the Army AH-64 by Nick Black, I get immediate, takeoff; it rises off the ground prior to takeoff, and then rises higher, going down the runway.

When I use the UH-60, it rolls down the Runway like an aircraft. Lifts about half way down the runway.

Using ZZZH helicopters, stemme_as_helicopter_1, or 2, I get the same result.

The question is, is there anyone, since Mr. Black retired, that knows how to get hellos , besides Flight One, Heli Traffic, to take off like Helicopters??
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Re: Helicopter Takeoff

Post by mikewmac »

wbunnell wrote:I am trying to launch Helicopters in a short distance as, possible. Using the Army CH-47, and the Army AH-64 by Nick Black, I get immediate, takeoff; it rises off the ground prior to takeoff, and then rises higher, going down the runway.

When I use the UH-60, it rolls down the Runway like an aircraft. Lifts about half way down the runway.

Using ZZZH helicopters, stemme_as_helicopter_1, or 2, I get the same result.

The question is, is there anyone, since Mr. Black retired, that knows how to get hellos , besides Flight One, Heli Traffic, to take off like Helicopters??
Yes, there is, but these excellent MAIW model developers and XML experts are very busy accomplishing even more realistic AI helicopter takeoffs and landings with new animations built into their latest models in concert with my custom designed AI helicopter FDE's. :wink:

Please be patient and stay tuned for the next significant leap forward in FS9 AI helicopter realism. :D
    Mike M.
    TheFoufure
    Colonel
    Colonel
    Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

The best way to use helicopter in AI traffic, is the use of payware Heli Traffic 2009.

This software generate traffic with the Helicopter. You can make your own traffic. Its very funny.
    Garysb
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

It is built in not in the FDE

Gary
    I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
    Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
    Golden Rocket
    Cadet
    Cadet

Post by Golden Rocket »

TheFoufure wrote:You can make your own traffic. Its very funny.
    Besides the fact that Heli Traffic 2009 can't be scheduled like AI traffic. So finally just nice but not useful.
    TheFoufure
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Golden Rocket wrote:
    TheFoufure wrote:You can make your own traffic. Its very funny.
    Besides the fact that Heli Traffic 2009 can't be scheduled like AI traffic. So finally just nice but not useful.

Sur you can schedule your traffic. But it's a long way to do it.
    It's not thr same scheduling that classic AI, but you can do it.
    Golden Rocket
    Cadet
    Cadet

Post by Golden Rocket »

[quote="TheFoufure]Sur you can schedule your traffic. But it's a long way to do it.[/quote]
    I would be very curious to know how you will manage that. This post has been made some day ago in SimForums.com of Flight 1 regarding precisely this subject:

"When you start Heli Traffic the clock begins ticking, that's the departure delay spot. Doesn't matter if you start FSX/HT at 0900 or 1200 or 1700, once you start HT the timer is going and if you set a departure delay of 15 minutes that is when the heli will depart (0915 or 1215 or 1700)."

In my opinion that doesn't look like a schedule flight. It just fixes some intervalls, not more.

Bernard
    tomasz2013
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by tomasz2013 »

i was tryin to figure out how to get helos to take off at my fake ap. they always went for the main runways taxiing long distances and battling for a takeoff slots with other ac. the farthest i got was to make a secondary ap within the primary ap with its own runway. i got as far as having them take off, but not land on a 1000 ft runway. actually 1 out of 5 had a hard landing and taxied to spot.
    Whats not meant to be is preparing us for what is.
    leuen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

AI helicopters should be able to land on a 300 ft runway. Do you use one of the stemme_as_helicopter.air files?

Bernard
    tomasz2013
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by tomasz2013 »

1 not sure if this is off topic
    2 not sure if i can post a link
    heres what i did to get helo and ac ai at the same ap. i'm sure whatever you guys are workin on will be way much better but thought i'd post this if it helps someone...
    http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ai ... ke.433406/
    tomasz2013
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by tomasz2013 »

leuen wrote:AI helicopters should be able to land on a 300 ft runway. Do you use one of the stemme_as_helicopter.air files?

Bernard
    i read somwhere that the runway should be at least 500, i made it a 1000 to suit my needs, and dont know what stemme_as_helicopter.air file is, anything good?
    clickclickdoh
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

tomasz2013 wrote:i got as far as having them take off, but not land on a 1000 ft runway. actually 1 out of 5 had a hard landing and taxied to spot.
    Check you pattern altitude for the short runway you are using for the helicopters. I have found that on very short runways that if the pattern altitude is above 500-750 ft, then they will overfly the runway and not land.
    leuen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

tomasz2013 wrote:... and dont know what stemme_as_helicopter.air file is, anything good?
    This air file allows to get most flyable helicopters useable as AI and take off within a short distance. BTW, 300 ft works, try yourself.

Bernard
    wbunnell
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

knkx_ai2.zip Has Miramar MCAS has a working Helicopter takeoff.