The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

CIS models

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

CIS models

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi All

I'm looking for the CIS models of the AN-26, AN-28 And AN-30 they all seem to have disappeared from the AI world. If anyone has them could they send them my way please.

TIA

Cheers
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Re: CIS models

Post by flyboy »

I have the AN-24, 26, 30 and 32 basepacks. I have V1 and V2 of the 24 and 26.
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Wow, any chance you can place them where I can download them from please?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Any suggestions? Maybe I can upload them to Dropbox. Not sure of any other way.
Jon
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Jon »

Contact the modeler: Sergey Bunevich

http://sbai.kiev.ua/index.php?action_sk ... EngVersion
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

flyboy wrote:Any suggestions? Maybe I can upload them to Dropbox. Not sure of any other way.
That'll work. PM me the link when you have done it thanks
John

TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

When searching for an aircraft (basepack or repaint), you can use this website : http://www.owlsnest.eu/aiaircraft.php

It is very complete, and with direct links.
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

PM inbound with link.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

John

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I checked the links for the 4 Antonov models on my site and they all point to valid downloads.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi me too. What I did was search for AN-28 etc and didn't get any results back.

Cheers
John

hermit

Post by hermit »

An-28 is a Mike Cronin model not CIS. It is in the Cannon AFB package, or:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... tonov_an28*

You've discovered the foibles of the AVSIM search engine. I think it treats a hyphen as a minus, i.e. exclude, so for an-28 it would look for "an" excluding "28" but I don't think it will search for 2 character words anyway, hence no results. Note that wrapping the string in double quotes returns 68 pages of results!!! I'll leave you to check if it includes the model file :-). Note also that entering multiple search terms in the Quick Search can return different results to the same terms in the Description field of the Extended Search. I think one treats them as AND and the other as OR but I can't remember which way round.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

VulcanDriver wrote:Hi me too. What I did was search for AN-28 etc and didn't get any results back.

Cheers
How did you do that, John? This works for me:

1. In the aircraft column either scroll down and select the Antonov models you are after or type Antonov in the text field (the list reduces itself to 13 different Antonov models) and click on the 'All' icon. Now all Antonovs are selected and the main list filters itself.

2 A total of 89 listings have been found. The display default is 25 per page, which gives us for resulting table pages. Either you maneuvers between the pages with the left and right arrow icons (I personally hate that) or you select "100" or "All" in the display textfield. This will give you the complete list to scroll through (I personally love this).

Tell me where this has failed for you, please.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

I thinks he do the search only in Avsim...
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

gsnde wrote:
VulcanDriver wrote:Hi me too. What I did was search for AN-28 etc and didn't get any results back.

Cheers
How did you do that, John? This works for me:

1. In the aircraft column either scroll down and select the Antonov models you are after or type Antonov in the text field (the list reduces itself to 13 different Antonov models) and click on the 'All' icon. Now all Antonovs are selected and the main list filters itself.

2 A total of 89 listings have been found. The display default is 25 per page, which gives us for resulting table pages. Either you maneuvers between the pages with the left and right arrow icons (I personally hate that) or you select "100" or "All" in the display textfield. This will give you the complete list to scroll through (I personally love this).

Tell me where this has failed for you, please.
Hi Martin, it was Avsim that gave zero results, the Owls Nest worked perfectly.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

hermit wrote:An-28 is a Mike Cronin model not CIS. It is in the Cannon AFB package, or:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... tonov_an28*

You've discovered the foibles of the AVSIM search engine. I think it treats a hyphen as a minus, i.e. exclude, so for an-28 it would look for "an" excluding "28" but I don't think it will search for 2 character words anyway, hence no results. Note that wrapping the string in double quotes returns 68 pages of results!!! I'll leave you to check if it includes the model file :-). Note also that entering multiple search terms in the Quick Search can return different results to the same terms in the Description field of the Extended Search. I think one treats them as AND and the other as OR but I can't remember which way round.
Thank you for that, its ruddy annoying!

Cheers
John