The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

View Problems

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Sgt_waters
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

View Problems

Post by Sgt_waters »

Hi @ all,

I don't know if it ist the right thread but I try.

Today I have installed the Version 2 Seakings and the the Culdrose Package. I was hapy to see some of the superb Merlins on the ground, but no SeaKings were visible. When I checked the Ai-Traffic I remarked invisible Seakings and Merlins in Flight (there was sound and I saw the titles speed, alt etc.) Firts I thouht it is a missing Texture problem but then I remarked a never before seen problem. I can only see the aircraft when i scroll up and down by the keyboard (8 and 2), there is no sideview possible. I have made some shots to show the problem. My idea is that it is an entry in the .cfg but I am not sure. Does anyone have an Idea.

Thanks a lot. Best Regards.
Attachments
Side View.JPG
Downside.JPG
Sgt_waters
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: View Problems

Post by Sgt_waters »

Sry, forgot the third shot.
Attachments
Upside.JPG
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

What you see is a side effect of the special code that mimicries the helicopter-like takeoff. The helicopter is "lifted" above your centered side view. If you increase the distance to the aircraft and look upwards you will see it again.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I see the OP is using FSX, these models were designed for FS9 not sure if that would also cause this to happen?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

In FSX if you get invisible aircraft you need to switch off the ground shadows option. It is a well known 'feature'.
Steve
Sgt_waters
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sgt_waters »

Thanks for Your Replies. Martin was right. It was only a "Zoom"-problem. When the Helis park or roll on the ground everything is normal. When they start, they lift above the centerline and disappear out of the view. By zooming out they come back to sight.

Thanks for the help to everybody.

Best Regards. Sgt Waters
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

yes its the take of animation causes that
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

You are welcome, Sarge. I had the same issue, therefore I could tell.
Cheers,
Martin