The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Question regarding AI aircraft

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
jinx
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Question regarding AI aircraft

Post by jinx »

Some AI a/c have this General section:

General]
atc_type=SILENT
atc_model=F8
editable=1

I do not know what atc_type=SILENT does and what editable=1 do--what effect, if any, they have.

Can anyone who knows explain please?

As I am making my own AI Traffic files, the information might come in useful.

At the moment, I am making an AI Traffic file for LGKL Kalamata in Greece, using T-6 Harvards (my own repaints), an RAF Hunter that does TNG's, two civil AERONCA'S (also my repaints) and a group of French 1933-1940 French war planes as a vintage group grouped together on a new parking area off A NEW 2nd runway, supposedly staging a vintage aircraft flying show. These vintage a/care CFS2 models--most of CFS2 a/c work as FS9 AI A/C VERY WELL.

I intend to add a few T-2 Buckeyes, and perhaps a Cessna in Greek AF markings. So far the ai traffic file is working fine and I am pleased with it.
Will upload it when it's finished.

Nick

Athens, Greece
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Re: Question regarding AI aircraft

Post by Garysb »

Hi Nick
Have you checked out our Greek packages?
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... /50-greece

May save you some time

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

From the FS2004 SDK:
editable | editable = 0 | Determines whether the aircraft can be edited using the Flight Simulator Aircraft Editor application. When set to 0, the aircraft will be read-only in the editor and a copy will have to be made for editing. When set to 1, the aircraft will be editable.
The "Flight Simulator Aircraft Editor application" is part of the FSEdit SDK. I don't know anyone who uses it...

The atc_type= parameter is set to "silent" in many of our packages to avoid that the ATC system calls military models by its manufacturer, which never happens in real life. If you have e.g.:

Code: Select all

atc_type=LOCKHEED MARTIN
atc_model=F16
then ATC will refer to your aircraft as a "LOCKHEED MARTIN EF SIXTEEN" in traffic info etcetera. Changing the type to "silent" will result in only "EF SIXTEEN" which is more realisitc.

Hope this helps.
jinx
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by jinx »

Gary,

I have checked out the Greek AI packages and in fact I am using the Kalamata afcad modified for my own ai traffic file and hope its maker will permit me to upload it in a modified form. Otherwise, I could not upload it here, as I intend to when it is done.

Greg: thanks for enlightening on a matter that had me in the dark--now I know. Thanks again.

Nick from Greece
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Nick
Its my AFCAD I believe and you can upload it here as long as the original origin is referenced

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -