The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Propellor transparency of B29

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
degeus
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Propellor transparency of B29

Post by degeus »

Hello,
I installed the B-29 AI package and used it in the newly announced Rattlesnake Army Airfiled . Also the B-24, B-25 and B-26 are used in it. All models had awfull propellors, not transparent. The props of B-24, 25 and 26 were individually specified with a dss of their own,so I could replace that with other, nice looking props. Unfortunately, the B-29 has no specific prop-dss.
Now my question is : Can you redefine the texture of the B-29 inorder that the prop is nicely transparent vand doens not look like a turning saucer.
I use it in P3DV3.
Thanks in advance,
Piet de Geus
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Propellor transparency of B29

Post by gsnde »

Hi Piet,

All aircraft are from John Young, and he always makes true FS9 and FSX models. I had not had a chance to look at the Rattlesnake package yet, but I take it it is made for FS9.

I will contact the author to see if we could make a real FSX package version. Until then your best bet is to use the prop textures from the respective FSX version of the B-24/26/26.

The B-29 includes the prop texture part. So here we have to work on the textures directly. I will try to find the time this weekend to do this.
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by david.harwood »

Piet,
I installed the Rattlesnake Army Airfield into FSX yesterday and added all the specified AI from the FSX packages John has created and have no issues with the props being shown correctly. All works well for me so just double check you've got the correct B-29 package installed.

Martin,
The package has been uploaded as a true FSX package and not FS9 that I can see. Its an nice little package once installed and its nice to go real retro for a change rather than just back in time to the late 80's/early 90's.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Rattlesnake Bomber Base is a retro scenery made by Zeb Gardner and Sidney Swartz and is for FSX. You will find it at Avsim if you search "Rattlesnake". It's a very complicated offering that uses some of my WWII aircraft (not included with the package) and a lot of user-flyable aircraft used as AI (which are). I don't believe the scenery has been tested in P3D V3.

Piet has already e-mailed me with a repeat of the above question. I am not supporting the scenery, but to answer the question, although the prop textures are integrated with the main texture sheets on the aircraft mentioned, it is still possible to change the density of the prop part of the texture and it's alpha and recompile with Dxtbmp. I don't want to get involved with that myself because I don't have the time or P3D to test with. First check though is that the FSX versions of my aircraft are being used, not the FS9 ones.

John Y
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I had a first look into the package and I am confused. I can't find any repaints for John's aircraft. They should be in the folders below AIMods, right? Is the package only using the paints from John's release?
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet

Post by degeus »

For my question I am now in direct contact with John.
Piet