The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

I just figured out how to do AI traffic, but have hit a snag

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Duane
Cadet
Cadet

I just figured out how to do AI traffic, but have hit a snag

Post by Duane »

...I'm hoping some kind soul out there will take pity on me and offer assistance. I've adapted Mike Stone's F-111F for AI use. Made up a couple of decent repaints for LN and UH. Got some nice afterburner and lighting effects on it. But, but that's when when I hit a snag. The plane taxis and takes off with the wings fully swept it will continue to fly with wings fully swept. If I program it to do tough and goes it will fly around with the wings swept and the landing gear down. Sometimes the parked planes sit with their noses in the air until they taxi. I'm wondering if this is a config file thing or is this more to do with the model itself. I swapped Mike Stone's aircraft with the alpha sim F-111 just to check, and it does the same thing. Overall I'm really pleased to have the planes I want at the bases that I want them at, but this one little thing is bugging me. Am I asking too much of FS9? Any advice? As a new guy, your help is much appreciated and well taken.
Sincerely,
Duane
Chrisb
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Chrisb »

Duane,
Sounds like a man after my own heart, Upper Heyford and Lakenheath F111s, thats my favourite era. I have used Mike Stones F111 for both and I too had to put up with the wings thing. I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong but I believe it has to be designed in the model to cater for different sweep angles, rather like Fernado's Tornado which uses two positions to my knowledge. That apart I'm sure I used the NEM F15 air file and it performed faily well. It is worth replacing all the cfg file with the F15 one except for contact points and lights. If the next question is 'where can I get it' I'm sorry to say I forget who produced the files, NEM F16 is another good one, and I can't check my files as I have suffered a few HD failures and have lost lots of things. What I have learnt is normally someone knows the answer somewhere and everyone helps each other in this hobby. Alphasim's Upper Heyford came with an F111 described as AI and that has the wings swept forward but it isn't top grade in my opinion. Hope it helps.
Chris
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Chrisb wrote:Duane,
Sounds like a man after my own heart, Upper Heyford and Lakenheath F111s, thats my favourite era. I have used Mike Stones F111 for both and I too had to put up with the wings thing. I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong but I believe it has to be designed in the model to cater for different sweep angles, rather like Fernado's Tornado which uses two positions to my knowledge. That apart I'm sure I used the NEM F15 air file and it performed faily well. It is worth replacing all the cfg file with the F15 one except for contact points and lights. If the next question is 'where can I get it' I'm sorry to say I forget who produced the files, NEM F16 is another good one, and I can't check my files as I have suffered a few HD failures and have lost lots of things. What I have learnt is normally someone knows the answer somewhere and everyone helps each other in this hobby. Alphasim's Upper Heyford came with an F111 described as AI and that has the wings swept forward but it isn't top grade in my opinion. Hope it helps.
Chris
Guys,

I created those old NEMAI FDE's several years ago and they are still available in my old nemai1.zip file at avsim.com at the following link:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... &Go=Search

Mike
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

I haven't even attempted to design aircraft models with variable geometry wings, but one thing I did a while back with a flyable B-1B to appear in extended wing configuration as an AI model was to alter the flaps settings/angles assigned in the aircraft.cfg and the total number of flap positions in the air file to agree with the acceptable wing extended position for takeoffs and landings. I haven't done anything with the F-111 in particular or else I would provide you the copy/replace lines for your cfg file. Or report of any problems I have had. For me it was acceptable to have these guys always flying with the wings extended since I would mostly see them only in the approach or departure mode.
Fortunate for many his is no longer required for The B-1B with the Dyess package and the various AI Tornado files out there.

Hope your efforts payoff.

Keith
Duane
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Duane »

Thanks so much for all of your help. It was a nice welcome for a new comer.