The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Compile Problems

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Compile Problems

Post by miljan »

Try to uncheck " has damage map" and "crash" you don't need them for AI
Last edited by miljan on 07 Sep 2016, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA LA VIDA
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

'C:\Program Files (x86)'

See the space. A lot of older programs never thought that MS would introduce a space into their path names so they don't take it into account.
Install the sdk somewhere else and I bet it works. Basically when it hits the space it thinks that is the end of the string.
Steve
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

:lol: Windows 7 :roll:
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Hey guys, sorry for all the bother. Still not having success with picking up the xml animations with FSDS or exporting .x files. I've tried re-installing MakeMDL and re-pointing the path in FSDS. Making sure the file is named correctly and checking off "xml" when compiling.
However, when compiling with FSDS, the process does not pause for me to remove the main model or to check off options. I know there is a setting because I've had to do this before but I can't remember it. Can someone please remind me? Seems like you have to add a line to a cfg file? Maybe if I can check off xml with FSDS compiling, it will work.
Thanks, :)

I've made sure my animations are put back in the parts dictionary after re-installing MakeMDL. :wink:
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Firebird wrote:'C:\Program Files (x86)'

See the space. A lot of older programs never thought that MS would introduce a space into their path names so they don't take it into account.
Install the sdk somewhere else and I bet it works. Basically when it hits the space it thinks that is the end of the string.
I see it now, between Files and (x86), right?
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

aerogator wrote:
Firebird wrote:'C:\Program Files (x86)'

I see it now, between Files and (x86), right?
Well that didn't work. I installed it directly in the "C" drive and re-pointed all the compile options in FSDS but still not picking up animations. :?
I'm now going to try putting it in the other "program files" (no (86)).
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

aerogator wrote:However, when compiling with FSDS, the process does not pause for me to remove the main model or to check off options. I know there is a setting because I've had to do this before but I can't remember it.
That is easy to solve. There is a text file in your FSDS folder called MakeMdlAircraftParms.txt which has one entry in it '/BATCH' which means it will automatically run a batch file to compile. If you do not have a batch file it doesn't work as you want.
If you want the Makemdl panel to open every time you compile you just simply rename the file - I suggest to xMakeMdlAircraftParms.txt

There is also one if you compile scenery as well, MakeMdlSceneryParms.txt, believe it or not and you can take similar action with that as well.
Steve
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Alright! :D Compiling in FSDS and picking up xml animations! Also picking up LOD's but it's puzzling that it's not pausing to let me delete Main Model and check off options like "has light map" and " has reflections".

I am now going to try exporting .x file.
I can't understand why all of this happened in the first place. :? :roll: Thanks for all of the help and if anyone knows how to pause compile in FSDS, please let me know.
Thanks again! :D
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Firebird wrote:
aerogator wrote:However, when compiling with FSDS, the process does not pause for me to remove the main model or to check off options. I know there is a setting because I've had to do this before but I can't remember it.
That is easy to solve. There is a text file in your FSDS folder called MakeMdlAircraftParms.txt which has one entry in it '/BATCH' which means it will automatically run a batch file to compile. If you do not have a batch file it doesn't work as you want.
If you want the Makemdl panel to open every time you compile you just simply rename the file - I suggest to xMakeMdlAircraftParms.txt

There is also one if you compile scenery as well, MakeMdlSceneryParms.txt, believe it or not and you can take similar action with that as well.

Oh My Gosh! :oops: Just saw this. Somehow I missed it Thanks "FireBird"!!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

So does it all work now?
Steve
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Yes, it seems to be sorted! Thanks so much guys for all the help, sorry for the bother. :D
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Glad we can help!

The issue I have with MakeMdl is that it seems to ignore my last save directory. IOW every time I compile a model, I have to reselect the destination for the file. Total pain in the arse. Not sure if it's a Windows 7 thing or what.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log