The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Helecopter's

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
retired

AI Helecopter's

Post by retired »

Looking for a "AI" UH 1H Huey with gunner and also a "AI" Medical Huey
like we had in Nam. I have looked at hovercontrol.com and other locations but not having luck finding AI's.
Does anybody have a particular d/l file of this craft?
Thank you
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

There are no true AI Hueys available. I believe there may only be one AI helo ever built. You would have to use a flyable model "converted" to AI. I seem to remember a pretty neat package based loosely on Apocalypse Now available on Avsim.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

Dan,

Do you know of anyone or have you been able to figure out how to get helicopters with skids to hover taxi above the ground? I used to run the Just Flight "Traffic 2005" and each of the helos would come off the ground around the time they were cleared to taxi and would remain in the air throughout the flights until they were back and performing the return taxi at the airport. Maybe the fde can be copied into other flight models?

Keith
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by lewis »

Hi Retired

There are a pair of what you are looking for but they are not AI. They could be used as AI as they are small packages in size and you can use the "stemme_as_helicopter_1" air file as FDE.
The helos are from Abacus Military Helicopters. There is one with gunners and another one in medical colors. I know that one of them is a payware and the one with the gunner I d/l it free. They were made by Tolga Piskin for Abacus. Check at flightsim.com for the non payware one. Hope this helps in any way.
Lewis
Attachments
UH1-Gunner.bmp
(45.85 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Let's see if I can get the other one for you.
Attachments
UH1-Medic.bmp
(38.58 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
retired

AI Helicopters

Post by retired »

Lewis, thanks for the lead on the Huey's. I went to flightsim.com and searched by name Tolga Piskin for the d/l with the door gunner. No luck.
In Abacuspub.com, I did find the Medical evac. Really want the door gunner. If d/l is free, could you email copy to me? Will send PM if you say ok.
I only want the Huey to sit on tarmac-not fly. Could you help me set this up as AI?
Or give me idea where to get information to change from flyable to ai?
Thank you for help
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Hi Retired
Ok, you can PM me and let me know how can I send it to you.
Just made the flyable Huey into an AI model and already zipped. Also left the original "air" file in case you whish to use it as a flyable acft.

Lewis