The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

ACM no vis

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
aerogator

ACM no vis

Post by aerogator »

Does anyone know why a few planes will not show up in the parameters and 3-D section of ACM? :?
Thanks, :)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: ACM no vis

Post by MIKE JG »

Jake if you're talking about some AI aircraft, it seems to be related to how they are compiled with XML visibility/animations. For some reason, ACM can't figure out which parts it should display and which ones it shouldn't
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by maiden757 »

I've had that problem with the Andras Neumann Piper models but there is something you can edit in,I think the model file. Don't ask me what though as I can't remember. Sorry
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

OK, thanks guys. Yes it is an AI model that I am creating. I've seen this before and never figured it out. There are XML animations that call for parts to disappear at a certain time so I guess that's it. I can see enough to set the contact points but I'll have to do the lights by trial and error. :)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Try taking a copy of your model, strip all the animations out of it and compile it without XML or animations. That should give you a base 3D model to work off on in ACM.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log