The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MQ-1 Predator

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
jgibson_sniper

MQ-1 Predator

Post by jgibson_sniper »

Is some here working on a RQ/MQ-1 Predator? I thought I say one, some where around here, but now I can’t seem to find it. I am re-working Dan's West Cost ANG package, and it would be great to have for the California ANG.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Didn't know the Guard operated these. But yes is the answer to your question. Another product of the fine folks over at KRAI. :wink: I can't find the picture that Kevin posted of it either. But I know I've seen it.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by Weescotty »

Predator was something I had been working on on the slow track.

Can't do anything at the moment until my system arrives in the U.K.
jgibson_sniper

Post by jgibson_sniper »

Great to know I'm not going crazy. Yeah the 196th ARS based out of March ARB have turned in their KC-135R's for the MQ-1's. Since the FAA hasn't approved them (MQ-1's) for flight over congested areas, the squadron has temporally moved to Victorville (former George AFB). It would make a great addition to Dan’s Package!
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Along with March(163rd RW), Fargo, ND(119th WG), DMAFB, AZ(unit unkown), and Ellington Field(147th RW?) are all MQ-1 ANG units Fargo already has at least one if not more. Ellington and DM have pilots in the pipeline for training.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I wonder about the units that are transitioning from an aircraft with pilots on board to aircraft without pilots on board. Like the KC-135 guys, will they be retrained to fly the Predators?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

If they remain within the unit they would be trained to fly the Predator. Fargo(F-16A/B unit prior) has a joint mission of flying both C-21A and Predator aircraft... I believe pilots are learning to fly both instead of an either/or. Eventually this unit will receive the C-27A at which point they will stop flying the C-21A and I think(not 100%) the Predator(s) will be shipped up to GFAFB as part of a an ANG/AD associate wing.

So yes, the pilots that remain in the unit will train to fly the Predator. Other pilots might try and find another unit in the state or a bordering state to continue to fly manned aircraft. Enlisted personnel are also training to be System Operators on Predators... for instance some boom operators from March are learning how to be a SO.
jaguar1
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by jaguar1 »

Hey guys, If the RQ/MQ-1 Predator ai model does go ahead then a Creech AFB package would be a pretty cool use of the model. I've driven past the base in Nevada and seen these birds in circuit. AFAIK they are the only aircraft based at Creech. By the way I've just downloaded the MAIW Langley package - fantastic!