The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Sketchup aircraft as AI

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Sketchup aircraft as AI

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

Would it be possible to make a Sketchup aircraft work as AI?
If you don't try you can never succeed, if you always try you succeed more.
Twitter: @Brandon71822792
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Sketchup aircraft as AI

Post by Firebird »

You can make a building fly if you give it a suitable fde and if it is compiled as an mdl.

However the question I ask is, whether sketchup allows animations or not?
If not you will be limited to jet powered fixed gear aircraft.

What you have to consider here is that nobody else has done one, so why?
I get the feeling that you are constantly looking for shortcuts. If they existed we really wouldn't be spending all the energy that we do.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good thing to ask whether things can be done differently or more simply. What you have to realise though is that after 15 years people have worked out most, if not all, of the shortcuts.

Mostly to bend the rules of a designed system you have to be more cunning and sophisticated than simple.
Steve
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Sketchup aircraft as AI

Post by Tranquil »

ConcordeBOAF wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 14:35 Would it be possible to make a Sketchup aircraft work as AI?
Also keep an eye on the polys and drawcalls they can get quite high with sketchup and if its not your own model make sure to get full permission to use the model! i have a Beluga XL sketchup model that i have full permission to use, the guy was really nice about it and offered me more models to use.. :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.