The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Help! aircraft modification

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Andrea88_italy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Help! aircraft modification

Post by Andrea88_italy »

I don't know if this argument is valid, but I would like to ask you if you can modify a ready-made model with ModelConverterX: the model in question is an S-64E from Hovercontrol and I would like to transform it into S-64F in the Italian version with the radome and with the two wheels in the side carriages.

in the first images the S-64E of Hovercontrol, I highlighted the missing parts for the "F" version.
Below instead photos of the real S-64F

I ask for your opinion. thanks
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Help! aircraft modification

Post by Firebird »

I will answer this in two parts, on different topics.

Firstly, unless you are the author of the model, or have permission from him, then you shouldn't modify it in any way. That being said if it is for your own use and you never make it available to anyone else then there is nothing to stop you making modifications.

On the second question of the modifications that you wish to make then you can't do that with MCX. You can convert it for use in other flt sims, you can modify certain aspects of a model but it is not a 3D modelling program.

You would need to mod the model into a 3D modelling program and then you come up against the original point. In short you still need a 3D package and know how to use it even if you have MCX.
Steve
Andrea88_italy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Andrea88_italy »

too bad, I thought MCX was enough
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Just out of curiosity... it's ages that i can't enter to Hovercontrol site. Is it death or alive with another URL?
Andrea88_italy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Andrea88_italy »

is definitely out of order