The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Make an animation before the pushback P3dv4

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
adrian
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Make an animation before the pushback P3dv4

Post by adrian »

Hello

I need to make the pilot visible some minutes before the pushback. Before it was easy using the light nav, but it seems that this is no longer available in p3dv4.
I have seen that there is a way to do it, for example (MAIW_WSMG_F-16 in p3dv4).

What event or variable can I use in an ai traffic to launch the animation before the pushback?

Thank you in advance

Adriab
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Make an animation before the pushback P3dv4

Post by John Young »

Hi Adriab.

I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum.

You can still use the Nav light, but you have to view the flight 15 minutes before departure in order to trigger the xml at that point. If you launch the sim within the 15 minute period, the xml is not triggered until pushback. FS9 works much better because the trigger will kick in at any time within the 15 minutes.

It's why I tend not to use pre-pushback triggers in FSX and P3D. I don't know any other way of doing it I'm afraid, but it might be that the conversion team have a better solution.

John
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

The other thing to remember (and this has bitten me a number of times) is that Nav light triggers don't work with piston engine aircraft.

This is true in all the sims afaik.

Gavin
adrian
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Post by adrian »

Thank you very much! Your two answers are very useful. Thanks again.