The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Tiger UHT

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
jgowing
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Tiger UHT

Post by jgowing »

Following on from last year's MFI-17, recently I've been having a go at a Tiger UHT helicopter for the German army. I'm still just working in FS9, I'm afraid, as that's all my skills or lack of them will allow, but I'm nearing the point where it's as good as it's going to be, and ideally I'd like to share it.

I remain nervous about that given the very high standards at MAIW, but something else is holding me back, which is the absence of a scenery for Fritzlar, the base of KHR36 who fly the German version of the Tiger. Currently I have my test fleet of Tigers scattered around various deployments, plus there are eight at Le Cannet, forming the German part of the joint training unit with France; some of John Young's Gazelles live there, too.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Fritzlar scenery, which I'm not in a position to produce myself. I have a very crude ADE representation, but it's really not worth sharing.

I also want to sound out if it's worthwhile simply uploading the Tiger UHT "as is". There might be a French version later.

Jon
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Tiger UHT

Post by Firebird »

Jon,
To be honest any invested user in FS will always won't more accurate models and more versions and more schemes.

This is my way of looking at this. At this moment in time - how many Tiger models are there?
None. So any model will be better than what we have got. If somebody doesn't like it then they don't have to use it or they could always do better themselves.

What I have seen over the years is that generally speaking people here are supportive. What I mean is that if somebody thinks it can be improved and they know how they will pass on their experience to you for a better product. If they can't they are generally supportive of your efforts so far.

So in essence what have you got to lose by uploading? Well I suppose the worse case scenario is that you gain some tips for future updates/models.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Tiger UHT

Post by jimrodger »

There's an scenery available on Flightsim.com for FSX. Search ETHF.

Jim

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"