The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NBAI Model LOD Modifications

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: NBAI Model LOD Modifications

Post by JohnTenn »

I have re-compiled the previously uploaded models. This time they have lightmaps activated.

In certain packages extra loadouts have been included using the available model source files.
This includes loadouts for Finnish, Spanish and Swiss F-18's. Other model sets may or may not represent real world loadouts on particular aircraft. The options are there now.

My apologies for not getting it right before uploading the initial modified models.

I have not been able to find lightmaps for the B-1 and B-2 bombers so these models have not been changed.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That's a helluva lot of work, John. I for one appreciate what you have done.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

The correct versions should all be online.
Cheers,
Martin
First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

Hi John,

Just had time to test with the Rafale but your changes greatly improve the way they show up! They look great at LFSI, really appreciate.
Many thanks for that work :)

Fred
Sophie Marketa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sophie Marketa »

Hey hey guy's....
Wish I had called by sooner. I produced new E, F and G models Hornets a few years ago with folding wings and few other parts that were missing on Nicks models but circumstances seen that I never got to publish them. Like all of my source files, I'm happy to pass them on or give permission for other means to modify existing models in hand.
I haven't used a flight sim in years but still have an interest in calling by to see how far MAIW have come.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

JohnTenn wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 18:12 I have now had a look at the A400's. I do not believe that any benefit will be gained by changing the LOD's. Bear in mind these models are relatively recent.
Hello John,

If you have the A400M sources, do you think it's possible to add Refuelling pods (like French for Heli refuel, or German for Tornado refuel) ?

(with Helico)

(with Tornado)
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Do you have the written permission from Nick to ask others to do whatever you fancy with his models, Laurent?
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

I don't ask to do. I just ask if is it possible. If Nick don't give the permission the anwser to my question is "not possible" ;-)