The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

landing light ground effect

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

landing light ground effect

Post by VulcanDriver »

How do I add the light cone onto the ground in front of an AI aircraft. I have an animated landing light on the model.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: landing light ground effect

Post by John Young »

For FS9 John, create a small triangular plane and call it "light_land". Clone that and call it "light_land_01"

Position both planes over the top of each other where the light source is.

Link "light_land_01" to "light_land".

That will give you the light beam. If you need a left and right do the same again and increment the numbers (02 and 03).

Now create another small plane called "c_gear light" and link "light_land" to it.

That will switch the landing lights off when the gear retracts. You can omit this of course, but I think the lights stay on up to 10,000ft.

Let me know if you need the process for FSX. "c-gear light" doesn't work, but you can do it another way.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: landing light ground effect

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy