The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NBAI Eagle question

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
matias
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

NBAI Eagle question

Post by matias »

Ok I use the NBAI Eagle for multiplayer play. I also use a number of other of MAIW aircraft for multiplayer. WHat I do is manually select MAIW aircraft to display as my wingmen, eventhough they are flying a flyable model such as DSB f-15. Here is the problem... THe HTAI F-16 works fine...when my wing man has his engine shut down the canopy opens and all, as is the same case with the A-10. I run into issues with the Eagles.
What happens is the eagle appears on the ramp and it has the landing gear down and the canopy shut and all of the flags and engine covers and ladder attached to it still even after start up. Te canopy never comes up and the gear will retract after take off. But the flags and all never go away. The same happens with the raptor. I am not sure if there was a diferent code written for the aircraft that allow the B-1 B-2 A-10 and F-16 to work properly or what. Is there a way I can edit a few engine limits and just have all the flags and cover go away for ever? Kind of like sticking the engine in the on setting for ever. Or maybe there is a setting that is a little different from the earlier models to the newer models Nick has done. Just wondering because these beuatiful AI aircraft really help us fly great Multiplayer sessions.
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Mmmmm, Mathias, have you try to exchange FDE to that working one?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
matias
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by matias »

i did swap the air file and it still happened. I will try it again.
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Maybe Nick attached flags to some other lights that have to come up ... then let Nick answer that ...
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

RipPipPip wrote:Maybe Nick attached flags to some other lights that have to come up ... then let Nick answer that ...
I would guess the Nav/Beacon lights are not active on the wingman plane, therefore the parts won't disappear.
"Most" of our custom anims / ground covers etc are based on whether the nav/beacon lights are on/off.
matias
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by matias »

I have tried the lights and all still not working corectly. I wonder if there is a way to tweak the cfg file to keep everything on always. Like the engine never turns off that would work for me too. any suggs?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Please don't think that I am speaking with any authority here, but I think its to do with FS9 and which parms it passes across the network to you. If I remember correctly most networking clients do not pass Light parms across.

If you can't see the other players lights, try getting them to switch them on and off,then the only solution is to use a networking client that does allow it.

There is at least one peer-peer that does pass it, but in my current befuddled state I can't remember its name. Sorry.
Steve
matias
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by matias »

well I have checked and I use FSinn and this allows the lights to be transferred. Oh well Is there anyway I can edit the engines or lights in the cfg so that they are always on? thanks