The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Spads and Nomads

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
aerogator

Spads and Nomads

Post by aerogator »

OK, OK. So the BUFF and the Prowler aren't finished yet :oops:. I couldn't help myself with these two A/C. I guess they would fit in somewhere in the retro dept or maybe somebody is still flying the AT-28.

Anyway, here are a couple of screenies. Almost ready to start the LOD process. The A-1 is at 2500 polys and the Trojan is at about 2600. Both are very simple. Textures are mine, so don't be too critical.

Majic Mike, if you can fit them in sometime, it would be great. :D
Attachments
Image17.jpg
Image17.jpg (64.01 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Image26.jpg
Image26.jpg (34.85 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Psuls »

Jake, you're a fast guy :D
Pascal
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

A nice Vietnam conflict package would be ace.!

Barry
Barry
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Trojan

Post by lewis »

Looking good Jake. Don't stop. Lewis
Lightning
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Lightning »

btaylo24 wrote:A nice Vietnam conflict package would be ace.!

Barry
Looks like I'm going to have to go back and re-do my Afcad and traffic files for AlphaSim's Bien Hoa to fit these beauties in.
Don't forget some nice SEA paints for them please.

Oh and separate land based and carrier based (tail hook on approach) models please please. :D
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

We could always do a modern warbirds type of package. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

I wouldn't mind one painted in the colours of the one currently flying in the UK, be a nice touch ti simulate some war-birds.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I keep thinking about the various museums around the country/world that maintain flyable warbirds that they send out on a regular basis to keep these machine alive for posterity. Seems some packages could be worked up with that in mind, and eventually a number of special airshow packages as well.

Just food for thought!

Ron

Edit: As an instead of for airshow, a week of general flying at the museum, and a weekend fly-in from multiple museums to a central airfield for Saturday morning and a few short hops, followed by RTB on Sunday afternoon. You could have a lot of retro a/c flying in a legitimate modern scenario!
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

ronniegj wrote:I keep thinking about the various museums around the country/world that maintain flyable warbirds that they send out on a regular basis to keep these machine alive for posterity. Seems some packages could be worked up with that in mind, and eventually a number of special airshow packages as well.

Just food for thought!

Ron

Edit: As an instead of for airshow, a week of general flying at the museum, and a weekend fly-in from multiple museums to a central airfield for Saturday morning and a few short hops, followed by RTB on Sunday afternoon. You could have a lot of retro a/c flying in a legitimate modern scenario!
I like that idea! I already did the BBMF at Coningsby in a similar way. The models I use aren't real Ai of course, but they (bar my Lanc) fly fine and don't destroy FPS too much.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Here's another one to add...

LOD process well underway on T-28, and about to start on Skyraider, but threw this one together this week. The easy part's done, now comes the tedious stuff :D

LOD 1 with drop tanks: 3200, without 2750.
Attachments
Image5.jpg
Image5.jpg (39.35 KiB) Viewed 440 times
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

OK guys, here's a question for you. I used Weescotty's xml:

"0 - Closed
50 - Open
100 - Closed

<part>
<name>anim_canopy</name>
<animation>
<parameter>
<code>(A:LIGHT NAV, bool) (A:LIGHT STROBE, bool) + 50 * </code>
<lag>50</lag>
</parameter>
</animation>
</part> "

to animate the T-28's canopy. The canopy opens and closes OK but it opens at the 'hold short' line and doesn't close again until the plane lands (about the same time as the flaps retract). Now, can I just reverse the keyframes: 0=open, 50=closed, and 100=open or is this different for a piston engined-plane?

Also along the same lines, has anyone done a canopy that stays open at low altitude?

Here's a pic of it flying along at FL150 with the canopy open. Looks cool, but I guess not too realistic.

Guess I need to do the insides of the glass, too if its going to be open.
Attachments
Image20.jpg
Image20.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 371 times