The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

New AI KC-135?

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
StealthHellion
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New AI KC-135?

Post by StealthHellion »

While looking at Graham Kings website, I have noticed a different KC-135 model painted other than the PAI tanker.

Is this a new model that is available?

Graham's website is doing a great job at showing a preview of all of the great work you guys are doing! Thanks!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I don't know about that, but quite often model makers go to Graham to do their paints and paint kits. So the reality is that there can be quite a time difference between a screenshot on Grahams site and a model being released.
As an example, much earlier in the year Graham had a screenshot of a Harrier by Elvis that was in the works. We still wait for it. I get by by enjoying the pics, but also not holding my breath for too long :lol: .
Steve
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Re: New AI KC-135?

Post by reconmercs »

StealthHellion wrote:While looking at Graham Kings website, I have noticed a different KC-135 model painted other than the PAI tanker.

Is this a new model that is available?

Graham's website is doing a great job at showing a preview of all of the great work you guys are doing! Thanks!
Techically its not a KC-135, its a KC-707 made by Chris "Elvis" Jones but, yes, it will be avaliable to you in the not too far future :wink:
Last edited by reconmercs on 18 Nov 2007, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

Do not hold your breath for Elvis's Harrier, I am afraid the real world has caught up with him and he has no time at the moment.

The KC-135E is indeed Elvis's B707KC. I decided it was a better model to use than the Project AI B707.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

....not a good news for the Harrier..... :(

And what about the wonderful German Phantom seen on your site,Graham?

Ciao
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

UKMIL released a Harrier Ski jump package on Flightsim.com a week or so ago which has what they claim to be an AI Harrier. Could this be the model?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

as far as i am aware its just a Ski Jump scereny object no aircraft included although they recomend there UKMIL harrier.
Regards,
Dunc
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Dunc, I have the package, there's an AI Harrier with it. I'll check the download ID and get back.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

FS2004 UKMIL Harrier GR7 AI

Name: ukmhskj.zip Size: 4,019,320 Date: 11-10-2007 Downloads: 182

FS2004 UKMIL Harrier GR7 AI for UK2000 ramp add-on. This pack will install the Harrier GR7 AI aircraft, in STOL mode for use with the UKMIL ski ramp only. You will see three Harriers at both RNAS Yeovilton, and RAF Wittering. These harriers will carry out circuits from the ski ramp every two hours.

I wouldn't bother with the Yeovilton side of the package. There are no Harriers at Yeovs any more, and I believe the ramp has been removed too.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

ooo okay i stand corrected, Very nice, ill have to go have a look, :P

Thanks dude

:)
Regards,
Dunc
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I've installed that pack....but the Harrier included is 1 LOD only and more than 10K polygons.....
It is NOT an AI aircraft and the texture are poor.
The only interesting thing (in my opinion.... :wink: ) is the short take off.Not the landing.It approaches the runway at about 30-40 Knots, so this causes a lot of go-around into my busy airport.

Ciao
StealthHellion
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StealthHellion »

I do have a question about the PAI KC-135.

I notice some PAI models, including the C-17, are zoomed out further when you are viewing the AI aircraft.

Is there a setting in the config file, that sets the camera further away when viewing these A/C? Is there a reason for this? I like the way the KC-135 and C-17 look close up, like Elvis' 707 models.

Thanks!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If it's what I think you mean, the camera distance and the size of the model in the fs9 menu is determined by aircraft radius.
This can't be set in the aircraft.cfg file but it can be set in various tools including afcad, under the Tools > Aircraft Editor option.

What I found out is that if the there various added features to a model, then the model can be bigger than it looks. For example drag chute, cargo loading, refueling drogues etc.

If there are more than one model of an aircraft and one version appears nearer/bigger then alter the aircraft radius of the problem model to the size of the other one. Be careful otherwise you could drastically alter your parking on an airfield. There is a Restore Original Settings button in afcad if you really mess it up.

I hope that this makes sense and is helpful.
Steve