The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Blackhawk and Pavehawk

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
sean129

Blackhawk and Pavehawk

Post by sean129 »

Does anybody know a good blackhawk and pavehawk ai model?
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Blackhawk and Pavehawk

Post by andras1 »

There is a blackhwak model over at hovercontrol by Jordan Moore. It is not ai at all. However, Jordan made the source file abvailable. If you have FSDS you could strip off its internal parts and thus make it substantially more framerate friendly. You could even add one or two simple LOD models. This is the only quick and dirty way of getting a blackhak ai model that I can think of before a real ai model is published. I actually started to do this some time ago but then focussed on other models. If I restart this I let you know. BTW what is a Pavehawk?

andras
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

Hi andras. I think a pavehawk is the SAR and special ops version of the blackhawk, they look pretty similar. http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Ai ... 4e704b5742. Correct me if i'm wrong
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

There was a thread with links containing a Brazilian AF package which included a AI H-60 Blackhawk, but I could not link to it since the forums changed. If you have the cpu power, the J. Moore model from Hovercontrol works fine with the AI airfile.

Big differences with all the versions of H-60's, but for flight simulator AI purposes, you could just have different repaints. Pavehawks are used for USAF combat search and rescue (CSAR).
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Guys do a search for the Australian Defence Forces package, I think you'll find an acceptable AI Blackhawk that was reworked from the JM model included in that package.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andras1 »

I think this is the one from Jordan Moore maybe with some ai changes. It is really heavy on my system. I never use more than two on one field
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

It is, it has been modified by Rob Nieuwenhoven and Matthew Lue to use for AI by stripping it down of unnecessary parts and giving it multiple levels of detail (LODs).

This is the LOD polygon breakdown:

LOD1=20908
LOD2=11970
LOD3=6116
LOD4=12

Just to give you comparison with a purpose built AI helicopter, here is the LOD breakdown for the NBAI AH-64D

LOD1=4190
LOD2=2637
LOD3=741
LOD4=287
LOD5=74

So you can see the huge difference between using a model that was purpose built for AI versus using one that was purpose built as a user model first and then converted for AI use later.

But for now the one that Rob and Matt converted works well enough.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

andras1 wrote:There is a blackhwak model over at hovercontrol by Jordan Moore. It is not ai at all. However, Jordan made the source file abvailable. If you have FSDS you could strip off its internal parts and thus make it substantially more framerate friendly. You could even add one or two simple LOD models. This is the only quick and dirty way of getting a blackhak ai model that I can think of before a real ai model is published. I actually started to do this some time ago but then focussed on other models. If I restart this I let you know. BTW what is a Pavehawk?

andras
This is exactly what I did a long time ago to get some US Navy variant SH-60Bs. I created a few simple shapes to look like the FLIR hanging on the nose and tried to repaint them.
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Bell 209 »

MIKE JG wrote:It is, it has been modified by Rob Nieuwenhoven and Matthew Lue to use for AI by stripping it down of unnecessary parts and giving it multiple levels of detail (LODs).

This is the LOD polygon breakdown:

LOD1=20908
LOD2=11970
LOD3=6116
LOD4=12

Just to give you comparison with a purpose built AI helicopter, here is the LOD breakdown for the NBAI AH-64D

LOD1=4190
LOD2=2637
LOD3=741
LOD4=287
LOD5=74

So you can see the huge difference between using a model that was purpose built for AI versus using one that was purpose built as a user model first and then converted for AI use later.

But for now the one that Rob and Matt converted works well enough.
Yeah; and if I knew then what I know now I'd have converted it to GMax and really cleaned it and the Seahawk up! But for now, it works for me, too!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Anyone see the FSX AI SH-60 over a flightsim? I don't have FSX, but I assume this is the AI object that works with the moving carriers. Is there anyway to convert this model for use as an AI model for FS9 by adding an AI airfile and converting the dds textures to DXT3?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

If it's been made for FSX, no. You can modify FS9 to work in FSX but not vice-versa.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks Rob, I'll stick with the JFAI with Grahams repaints for now.

Have you done any airfile work? I took some of the airfiles from the ZZZH Aussie H-60 and added them to the JFAI model, which seems to have issues on short final.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

It probably needs some aircraft.cfg adjustments, too (they usually do).