The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI V-22 OSPREY

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

AI V-22 OSPREY

Post by flyerkg »

I'm curious to know if anyone has a solution for AI Osprey. I have the Alphasim V-22 which came with a couple of different models. I can probably get this to work with a lot of experimenting. So far when this aircraft is scheduled to takeoff it won't even taxi, it just bounces, flips about and vanishes into the ground. If I remember, I had this problem with both FS9 and FSX. I appreciate any feedback.

Keith
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: AI V-22 OSPREY

Post by Firebird »

I will be honest here, I haven't even thought about trying to convert a flyable one to AI. My main reasoning here is that the fde would need to be in sync with the flight phase, i.e. the engine rotation.

It would seem to me that you would need a specifically designed AI model for this.
Steve
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Steve,

Thank you for this feedback. I would say that the model I am trying to use was labeled as "AI" with a version that had engines in high, low, and parked conditions. My goal was to go with just the engines up and flight plan for a bunch of pattern only flights for the start.

On the other hand I wonder if it would be possible to design an Osprey with a fixed-wing model and for appearance and effects build the nacelles connected to landing gear. So with a given delay in sequence the nacelles are down and forward on gear up and nacelles up in sequence delay on gear down? Just curious. I might be over simplifying the moving parts.

Keith
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Yep, very possible. And really not that hard to do either. Although having rotating props that move with the parent part (nacelles) might be an issue. Only one way to find out. But if it can be done for a flyable model than surely it would work on an AI model.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

I had one at one time that actuall yworked OK as AI buI can't find it now or remember where it came from. Seems like I downloaded it from Simviation. I DO remember that it was not perfect. I think it flew all the time with the nacelles in the VTO position. And, it was a little heavy on FPS. I think I remember someone was working on one and had some of those problems worked out. :wink: but don't know what happened to it.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Might be better to start with the freeware Vlad model of the V-22, it's slightly out of scale compared to the Alphasim version, but it should not matter if using for AI. I fly this model with the RCBO gauges and no issues, but takes practice.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Thanks to all on this discussion.
I can fly the Alphasim version perfectly with the hover control gauge installed to the panel. It is actually one of my favorites to fly. I am considering working with one of the non-AI models in limited numbers to populate New River with pattern only traffic. I am considering reversing the values of the flaps in the aircraft.cfg so instead of zero flaps being 0 for the angle zero flaps will be between 75-90 so while on the ground the props will not be in the deck but in the VTO position. I think in my last go around everything would start out horizontal but automatically adjust to VTO. The issue with my current attempt might be contact point related. I still haven't fixed the pushback, but they pushback, props start spinning then the circus act begins. Again I did find one in the air but it was still flopping around. I hope to post a success story later.

Keith