The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

copyright question

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

copyright question

Post by andras1 »

Hi,

this is a copyright question. I have managed to get my first models to a level where I would be ready to publish them. Everything is selfmade except the flight dynamics. I understand hat almost all the flight dynamics out there are in one way or the other based on the default microsoft dynamics. Unfortunately they do not work with my models. Others, like some of Dee Waldrons do? So my rather silly questions: How do you deal with this issue. Do you create your own dynamics and if so how. Do you use other stuff with permission?

Thanks

Andras
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: copyright question

Post by KevinJarvis »

The quick reply is:
Yes, other peoples work is used with permission.
While I don't believe it is against the law per se, it is bad form to not ask for permission to use another persons work. Especially if what you are using comes with a read-me that stipulates that you ask for permission.

Not gaining permission can and has gotten work deleted from the BIG library sites.

So the best thing to do is always ask.

Now someone from MAIW will most certainly chime in with a detailed explanation of how it's done here. :smt003
Kevin Jarvis

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

We make our own. Mike MacIntyre has been the resident expert in all things FDE related since the beginning of MAIW and does 99.9% of all the FDE sets for military AI models.

Andras, if you have a model that you would like some others to check over for you, I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers here. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andras1 »

Hi again

I would need faces for my pilots. Can I use the ones that Microsoft uses in their stock planes? I checked the EULA but am not sure I understand it when they say decompiling is not allowed. Alternatively, are there any photo data banks which contain really license free photos without any hidden license obligations?

As usual, thanks for any help

Andras
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andras1 »

Hi there,

I have published my first ai plane over at AVSIM. It is a little Katana with several LODs, appearing and disappearing tie downs and pilots, a front gear animation that looks rather awkward at times and flaps animations that one hardly sees. Not too military although with a bit of camouflage paint and a shark mouth it might look dangerous. I wanted to say many thanks to Weescotty and to Aerogator without whose help I would have never made it. There is a DA40, a DA 42, some Pipers, a Mooney and an AB212 (for use with helitraffic) in the works. They may or may not be published.

Thanks

Andras
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

That's a great effort for your first model! Cute little thing, the pilots add a nice touch.

Only thing I might suggest is to have an FDE expert like Mike MacIntyer give it a quick FDE tune up so it handles a bit better.

Great job. :wink:
-Mike G.

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Nice job and can be somewhat used in a military role at Doss Aviation for the IFS program for the USAF, located at KPUB. I'll put these to work there.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andras1 »

Are not they flying the version with the Lycoming engine? It looks different, broader cowling, different air intakes and additional side windows.

I was planning to do these as well but the next model will be the Rotax version without boots or a Piper.

Andras