The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

F-111

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
lcdtbjbrown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

F-111

Post by lcdtbjbrown »

Is anyone actually working on an AI F-111 it would be awesome to have a good quality AI F111 flying around :D
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: F-111

Post by MIKE JG »

There was one in the making. It got wiped out in a HD crash. No backup files existed for it. No attempt (to my knowledge) has been made to remake it. :|
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Bell 209 »

Dave Friswell made one that we used in the RAAF AI and ADF AI packages. The problem is it will become a retro aircraft at the end of the year...
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

what about Mike Stone's F-111 is that any good for AI ?
davidbernard
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by davidbernard »

f4nutter wrote:what about Mike Stone's F-111 is that any good for AI ?
I have one flying in NASA colours; it works, but it's a little heavy on the frames and not totally accurate. Wings are swept back during takeoff.
Dave 'D-Rex' Bernard

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

f4nutter wrote:what about Mike Stone's F-111 is that any good for AI ?
Like many of M. Stone's models, they work for a quick fix for an aircraft you just can't find in true-AI form, right now I use a few of his: BUFF, C-5, T-39.
With the wing sweep tied to the flaps, nothing one can do about the inaccurate take off, wonder what Vr is?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

MIKE JG wrote:There was one in the making. It got wiped out in a HD crash. No backup files existed for it. No attempt (to my knowledge) has been made to remake it. :|
BREAKING NEWS......

Said hard drive has been fully recovered. The AI F-111 source files survived and live on! They are now safely backed up multiple times. :smt038

I will let Drew tell you the rest.
-Mike G.

f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

thats great news hopefully Drew will carry on the good work :wink:
jaguar1
Captain
Captain

Post by jaguar1 »

This truly is good news. Personally, I don't think it matters that the Aussie Aardvarks are sadly finished flying later this year. I for one would love to see them in the FS skies!! :smt038
mojo58
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by mojo58 »

Oh yeah! Upper Heyford is just itching!!
Dark Morelia
Captain
Captain

Post by Dark Morelia »

Damn it Mike, I wanted to see how long it took for someone to notice my signature :lol:
Drew >>

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Your siggie is messing with my mind! Makes me think I'm seeing things!
-Mike G.

lcdtbjbrown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lcdtbjbrown »

Yes the pig/Aardvark still lives cant wait for the realese XD
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

thats very clever drew i thought hang on a minute did that just change :shock: i like.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Great work Drew, as you know I am great fan of F111 and many tricks that it performs in Australia.

Seems we have a roll of Aussie stuff on the go, lets hope.

Mark
Dark Morelia
Captain
Captain

Post by Dark Morelia »

Here are some pics to show what stage it's at. I haven't done much since recovering the files.

(ignore that ugly stuff coming out of the engines, it's part of a smoke effect)

LOD1 is mostly finished, and the basics of the paintkit are in place, but it'll still be a while yet. I think the LODs are gonna be a pain to make for this model.
Drew wrote:A couple of weeks ago, after finally biting the bullet, I started looking for a data recovery service to see what they could recover from my screwed drive. On the website of one company was a notice about 500GB, 1TB, and 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 drives having a firmware bug causing them to lock themselves down. (link to article about it)
After checking the exact model and firmware version of my stuffed drive... perfect match! However, on some Australian forums, I read that Seagate won't touch OEM drives, which is apparently what mine is (dunno why I was able to buy it separately if it's OEM :? )
But then I found some guides and a video on youtube showing how to unlock it with a Nokia usb cable plugged into the drive's jumpers (like this). Being the cheapskate that I am, I decided a cable from ebay for $6 sounded a bit better than several hundred to have some company do the same thing. :lol:
After anxiously waiting a few days for my cable to arrive, I chopped it up, set the hard drive up, and after some heart palpitations, I unlocked it! So I plugged the drive back in normally, and upon rebooting... no luck. Not detected in the BIOS, nothing.
The little bastard had locked itself again! After pulling it out, re-attaching my ramshackle chopped up nokia cable again, and unlocking it again... FOUR TIMES... I finally managed to access it and pull all my files off it (which are now backed up in 5 different places) then apply the fixed firmware from Seagate. It seems ok now, hasn't locked itself again, but I still don't trust it. :|

So if you own a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11, check what firmware version it has, and if necessary, update it!

Also, don't do what I did... point my data backup program to the wrong folder and miss backing up important files!
Drew >>

jaguar1
Captain
Captain

Post by jaguar1 »

Nice pics Drew, LOD 1 looks great. Looking forward to this model's progression. 8)
lcdtbjbrown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lcdtbjbrown »

Great Pics mate :smt023
wezgulf3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wezgulf3 »

Fantastic Model Drew! just had a mini Heart Attack when i saw the Citation X on your website too!!!

Wes.
relfel66
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by relfel66 »

Great work as always Drew, that CitationX looks great and is badly needed for GA.