The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

rotor blades axis (animating)

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
renee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

rotor blades axis (animating)

Post by renee »

Can anyone tell me how to animate the rotor blades in FSDS 3.5. I have everything named right but I'm off on the axis, so could someone explain in detail (step by step) how to set the axis correctly, pitch, rotation etc. I've got them spinning but their spinning end over end on the vertical and not the horizontal.

Thanks
J.Abbott
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: rotor blades axis (animating)

Post by nickblack423 »

renee wrote:Can anyone tell me how to animate the rotor blades in FSDS 3.5. I have everything named right but I'm off on the axis, so could someone explain in detail (step by step) how to set the axis correctly, pitch, rotation etc. I've got them spinning but their spinning end over end on the vertical and not the horizontal.

Thanks
J.Abbott
Very simply, Press "R" to go into rotation mode, then go to your right view, and rotate the axis until it is 90 degrees from where it started. You'll know when its there when the lines are perfectly straight.

Simple.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
renee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by renee »

Thanks Nick. By the way I have my own babe now, Thanks for your help!!

J.Abbott
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by Weescotty »

All prop anims spin around the z-axis, i.e z-axis is the centre of rotation.

If once you have set the axis correctly it spins the wrong way, rotate the z-axis so it is pointing 180 degrees to the direction it was pointing.