The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

jet ranger/Kiowa beta testers?

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

jet ranger/Kiowa beta testers?

Post by andras1 »

Hi

I have just finished the basic model for an ai Jetranger/Kiowa and am looking for one or two people who would want to do some beta testing. Please note, a helicopter with skids makes only sense with helitraffic. I know that helitraffic does not allow for real scheduling - I wish it would - but it looks million times better than a STOL take off from a heli with skids.

If interested, please, pm me.

Andras
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: jet ranger/Kiowa beta testers?

Post by MIKE JG »

It can be made into a pure AI model, that will hover taxi and perform like a real helicopter without using helitraffic.

We have the knowledge to do that sort of thing around here.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

MIKE JG wrote:It can be made into a pure AI model, that will hover taxi and perform like a real helicopter without using helitraffic.

We have the knowledge to do that sort of thing around here.
That almost sounds like the opening to a classic TV show. In other news, I think the H-57/58 would be a great addition to the growing AI egg beater fleet.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I was thinking 6-Million Dollar Man when I read it. How about you?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

Yup..."we can build it better, stronger...we have the technology."
foufure

Post by foufure »

I've Helitraffic, so I can bet test your models.

It's possible to make schedulles but it's more contrainus than with Ttools for classic aircraft.
relfel66
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by relfel66 »

sounds cool
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andras1 »

Hi,

When I proposed to make a Kiowa for Helitraffic in summer, there were some responses saying that I should make a model for the normal ai engine. Now I tried to create the helicopter take off animation. The idea is that the heli begins hovering at the beginning of the taxi roll. I can connect the take off to the activation of the beacon. Now that works ok as long as the heli taxis forward although the time between the begining of the rotor movement and the take off is unrealistically short.

It does not work, however, when the heli is pushed back. I can connect the take off to the beginning of the backward move, but then I have no moving rotor. One way of dealing with this could be to create a seperate rotor animation but I have not managed to get this going. Anybody having any ideas or a better logic.

BTW.: as a general question. Do you prefer see through windows or painted windows for a helicopter. The drawback of see through windows is a very heavy poly penalty (polys will almost be doubled).

Andras
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

andras1,
Looking forward to your work, I understand the poly hit, and to me, if the pilots are not animated like current advanced AI fixed wing models or NBAI H-47/64 helos, then non-visible cockpits work, most civilian B206's are flown single pilot anyway.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris