The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI Tiger Helo

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
fishlips

AI Tiger Helo

Post by fishlips »

Just wondering if anybody has come across one of these Tiger helo's in AI version in there travels around the websites.

Mark

Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: AI Tiger Helo

Post by Weescotty »

Usual issue with quite a few aircraft -

Lack of quality 3-views WITH cross sections.
Can't do a lot without them.
Some manufacturers are willing to send you stuff if you email and ask them.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Scotty,
No shortage on pic's of the Eurocopter Tiger but I know what you mean about the wire frame. Perhaps I can find something another way, there are always options.

Mark
wildcat
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wildcat »

I seem to remember there is one in the ADF package,but i am not sure if it is a true AI one.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

This is the ADF packaged Tiger, but this photo is as close as I have ever seen it. All I get in the sim is a set of lights flashing as it taxi's up the runway. The ADF package was really designed for FSX.

Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Bell 209 »

Not true - I packaged one for FS9 and one for FSX. All the models were exported as FS9 models ('cause I'm a nice guy!) and tested on both platforms, so they should display fine. Maybe a video card setting is making it transparent?
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

You are correct there Rob, I still had your beta version loaded, sorry about that.

I do note that this is not a true AI as we know them. It has seven texture files and uses the old stemme_as_helicopter_1 as its airfile. Given the source file for this chopper, I'm sure MAIW could easily make it into a true AI that doesn't require a taxi - runway takeoff or near as many texture files.

How about it Rob.

Mark
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

fishlips wrote:You are correct there Rob, I still had your beta version loaded, sorry about that.

I do note that this is not a true AI as we know them. It has seven texture files and uses the old stemme_as_helicopter_1 as its airfile. Given the source file for this chopper, I'm sure MAIW could easily make it into a true AI that doesn't require a taxi - runway takeoff or near as many texture files.

How about it Rob.

Mark
Never done this before (prefer my own choice), but -
IF you can come up with a good set of 3-views with cross sections.....

I'll do it.

Best bet might be to contact Eurocopter directly and do some grovelling LOL.
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

fishlips wrote:You are correct there Rob, I still had your beta version loaded, sorry about that.

How about it Rob.

Mark
You're welcome to it - it's a cut-down version of Rory Kelly's nice model. Both his and my files are GMax - give me an address and I'll send mine over (Rory's are at Hovercontrol). I'd love to see all the ADF AI helos with the same treatment!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hi Scotty,

I was met with a thanks but no thanks from Eurocopter. I guess they have better things to do than sent me blue prints for a Microsoft flight sim project.

I did find some 3D views but not in wire form. You can find them in my folder on the FTP if you'd like to take a look at them.

Mark
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Rob,
PM on its way.

Mark
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

Package on it's way (via YouSendIt)!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Sorry Rob, I just cant get it to convert.

Mark
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

Hmmm, bummer! Trouble is the converter is limited in the size of models it will handle. Works okay FSDS to GMax but not too well the other way.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Rob,

Perhaps you could try pulling it down into a few smaller peices in Gmax and converting them to FSDS, then its just a matter of rejoining them again.

Mark