The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI planes...Touch 'N Goes....Afcads

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Re: AI planes...Touch 'N Goes....Afcads

Post by mikewmac »

Biggles7 wrote:Military AI Works produces some of the best AI planes in the flightsim world. And one of the finest designers is undoubtedly Mr. Nick Black. The performance of his aircraft is topnotch. But I have noticed that quite a number of NON Military AI Works afcads, especially Default Stock airports - such as Dover AFB "KDOV", to name one - present me with a mystery...

Why is it that MAIW aircraft - such as Nick Black's F14 Tomcat and the F18 Hornet - perform flawless Touch 'N Goes in MAIW packages, but then, when programmed to performs TNGs (for plain fun) at an "abandoned" Microsoft air base, such as Dover AFB (KDOV), these same planes (F14 and F18) just take-off and vanish into the distance, after a U-turn.... They never complete the loop to the airport...???

Since there's nothing amiss with these planes by Nick Black, WHAT makes an AI plane accomplish TNGs at one airport but NOT in another....??? What specific parameters in the AFCAD are responsible for controlling the behaviour of AI planes??

Can anybody help, please?? I have tested a number of default airports, especially, and I have not been able to figure out WHY this happens...

I was considering designing some NEW afcads for Air Force Bases not yet covered by Military AI Works...to contribute to the team effort. And since Dover AFB is not yet included - as far as I know - I was testing it out with two of Nick Black's planes. Without success.

Same goes for Redstone AAF "KHUA". The AI planes did not loop back to the runway...and I've triple checked the Flight Plans to ensure there are NO errors there...

Does anybody have any clues to solving this mystery???
This was a common problem with TNG's at default FS9 airports back when they were commonly used in AI packages. As I remember it, the problem was with the pattern altitude used by MS for the runways at many default FS9 airports being too high. KDOV has a pattern altitude of 2470' for its two runways and KHUA has a pattern altitude of 2015' for its one runway. I think if you lower the pattern altitudes for these runways to 1000' your TNG's at those airports will work OK.

Mike
    Mike M.
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Biggles7 wrote:
    mikewmac wrote:

This was a common problem with TNG's at default FS9 airports back when they were commonly used in AI packages. As I remember it, the problem was with the pattern altitude used by MS for the runways at many default FS9 airports being too high. KDOV has a pattern altitude of 2470' for its two runways and KHUA has a pattern altitude of 2015' for its one runway. I think if you lower the pattern altitudes for these runways to 1000' your TNG's at those airports will work OK.

Mike
    Thanks for the tip, Mike.
    This message is long overdue, and I only saw it today.... After so many years, I still had not found the answer till I read your short post... I will change the pattern altitude and see if that solves a problem that has bugged me for years!
    You're welcome and I am glad that I could help.

Mike M.
      Mike M.
      fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hey Biggles, how's it hanging mate! :shock:
      btaylo24
      MAIW Staff
      MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »