The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

K.Furuya's Bell 212

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

K.Furuya's Bell 212

Post by ricki429 »

On Avsim in the 'FS2004 AI Helicopters' section there is a Japanese Bell 212 by K.Furuya. I have painted it in AAC BATSUB coulours but when it's cleared for take off it just holds on the runway. This then blocks up the runway with a back log of Lynx and Squirrels!

Can anyone sugest a way I can get it flying? Can I swap any of the files - I've replaced the air file with an ai lynx but still no luck.

Thanks
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: K.Furuya's Bell 212

Post by Firebird »

I think that I have heard of a problem with choppers if the contact points are not correct. If I have remembered correctly then this maybe your issue.

If you are going to replace the fde with another ai fde then I would stick to ones that are tried and trusted. In my case I always ones produced by Magic in our packages. I would suggest using the S-76 one as a starting point.

Remember that swapping the .air file itself isn't going to be good enough, you will need to start with the .cfg file as well and amend the sections that the mdl uses specifically.
Steve
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: K.Furuya's Bell 212

Post by ricki429 »

Thanks for that, will have a play around. Didn't think about contact points...