The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

beacons on custom helos

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
renee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

beacons on custom helos

Post by renee »

can anyony tell me how to attach the beacons to a custom helo so they will stay with the helo during the takeoff and landing instead of drifting off etc.

Thanks
James
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Re: beacons on custom helos

Post by mikewmac »

renee wrote:can anyony tell me how to attach the beacons to a custom helo so they will stay with the helo during the takeoff and landing instead of drifting off etc.

Thanks
James
James,

No lights can be added to a custom helo such as yours via the aircraft.cfg file due to your animations, since lights placed via the aircraft.cfg file will be in a fixed location that will not move with the animations. The only way these lights can be added is to design them into the model itself. Unfortunately lights designed into the model itself are usually big and somewhat out of scale, but as far as I know that is the only way to place them for animated models such as yours.

Mike
    Mike M.
    renee
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by renee »

Thanks Mike. I already new that they had to be added into the model itself but if you look at Nicks custom helos in the config, lights section the beacons have cords. so I was wordering if there was a special way to attach them, attach tool etc.

James
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran
    Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

renee wrote:Thanks Mike. I already new that they had to be added into the model itself but if you look at Nicks custom helos in the config, lights section the beacons have cords. so I was wordering if there was a special way to attach them, attach tool etc.

James
    James,

I created the AI FDE for Nick's two custom helos, the Chinook and Apache, and in neither case did I place a [Lights} section in the aircraft.cfg file. Nick had to create all the original lights in the models themselves so that they would all rotate with the fuselage during his takeoff animation. The aircraft.cfg file played no role in the placement of these original lights.

If you have a [Lights] section in the aircraft.cfg file for either of these NBAI helos, it is something that was added by someone else and any lights so created will not rotate with the fuselage during the takeoff animation.

Mike
      Mike M.
      renee
      Second Lieutenant
      Second Lieutenant

Post by renee »

Thanks for clearing that up Mike. I'll take note of it.

James