The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FSX MAIW AH64D quirks on overlay AP's

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
robystar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

FSX MAIW AH64D quirks on overlay AP's

Post by robystar »

Hi,

I have been trying to develop (for myself) some Afghanistan scenery.
So I made some overlay airports for OAKB, OAKN and OATN because I wanted to have some of MAIW's wonderful heli's included.
Everything works fine except for the fact that and in the case of the AH64 Apache heli's and under the following circumstances:
- when you set time to 15 m before landing;
- and watch them land on very close by overlay airports;
- and wait until they are activated again for their next flightplan;
- and watch them leave from their parking spots and taxi to the active;
- and watch them take off.........
to find that they never get beyond the takeoff stage 2 !!!
I exchanged the AH64's for Brittan Norman Islanders and they all do take off normally.
So I was wondering if that had anything to do with Nick Black's mdl.
Can somebody please try and see if they can reproduce this quirk?
Further info and (ADE) AFCAD's can be found on the fsdeveloper.com site when searching for the 'error overlay airports' thread.
Thank you in advance for some help as nobody of these experts seem to be able to find the problem behind it.

Roby
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: FSX MAIW AH64D quirks on overlay AP's

Post by BadPvtDan »

I think it probably has to do with FSX and it's "one size fits all" approach to AI traffic, mostly unchanged from FS9. How you watch traffic can influence how they behave. I don't believe it has anything to do with the MDL (and if it did we'd be kinda SOL). I'm sure the FSX experts will chime in.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."