The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Adding files question?

Technical support for the MAIW website and forums.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Adding files question?

Post by col1948 »

I tried to add some picture files to a post, by clicking the 'Add Files' button I could only add 2 so I tried to add them by dragging in the message box as it says but when I went to preview I could only still see 2, so I clicked on the back button and lost my post.
I tried it twice and the same happened, so I'm obviously doing it wrong any help appreciated. :?:
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Adding files question?

Post by VulcanDriver »

How big are your files combined? The limit is 256K.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Thanks John I had 6 files and they were double that size combined, I could do 2 or 3 posts I suppose but wouldn't look the same.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

I'm pretty sure we're limited to 2 files in total.
Easiest way I've found is to zip them up and add the zip file.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Yes if you want to add multiple files, then the best way would be to zip them up. I'm not going to increase the total files per post and/or size limit as the forums are already slow enough now (partly due to too many attachments).

But if you just want to show the images in the post, you should upload them to a third party image host and then post the bbcode here, or the link to your image between [img] tags.
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Thanks Greg, I did it another way, I combined them in one picture then resized it, I understand about increasing the size limit I just thought I was doing it wrong that's all mate.

Col.