The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

I'm stuck with PM

Technical support for the MAIW website and forums.
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

I'm stuck with PM

Post by Foxbat »

MAIW staff,

I've been trying to send PM's to explain why I have not done much lately regarding conversions and other. But my messages get stuck in the outbox, and I cannot delete messages in my inbox. It seems to me the PM system is just frozen. Either that, or I need glasses or a new brain.

Cheers,
Andrew
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: I'm stuck with PM

Post by Firebird »

I have had a quick look at there is an option to empty PM outbox but I am not sure that this will solve the problem(s) on its own.
It could be a corrupt userid, I will have to let Greg have a look at that.

On the inbox issue, have you ever deleted any inbound pms? Is it a case that it used to work and now doesn't or that you are not sure how to do it?

With the outgoing pms, what is the date of the oldest pm in your out queue and who is it for?
In IT sometimes if the first message is corrupt then everything behind it stays queued up, much a like a printer queue.
Have you tried deleting the oldest pm?

Try sending one to me to see if it goes, as you know I am active, to see if it goes and if not try deleting the oldest one to see if that makes a difference.

I have had 3 pms in my out queue for several months as the users I sent to have yet to log back in to get their messages.
Steve
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Foxbat »

Thanks Steve,

It seems I have no options to delete anything at all. Let me re-check this and get back to you.
Andrew
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Messages stay in the outbox until they are read by the recepient, so it doesn't mean that they weren't sent.

I got your PM today, so it seems to be working fine.