The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Web access and download very very slow

Technical support for the MAIW website and forums.
braudoux
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Web access and download very very slow

Post by braudoux »

Hi,
Since yesterday, I am experiencing issues while accessing your website and downloading scenery. It took a full night to download 45Mo and I had to relaunch the process many times due to server not answering.
Sometimes the rate increases and suddendly shut down again.
Meanwhile I tried to download a file from another website and it took 1.5 minutes for 25Mo.
Please find below my speedtest result
And meanwhile the downloading performance from your site:

At its best:

And a few minutes later
Then it pauses and I have to resume...

Also while previewing my post prior to posting, it took more than one minute to display the preview...
Are you having problems currently ?
Thanks
Bruno
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Web access and download very very slow

Post by Firebird »

Well I just tried that same file to see if there was a problem with that and it took me 7 secs to download it. So the file and server have no issues at the moment.

I just did a speed test on my connection and got 52.7 Mbps download and 14.7 Mbps upload and that is using my VPN connection not even direct. You speed is well in excess of mine.

Can i ask a couple of questions.

Have you downloaded any other files from us before?
How are you doing the downloads, direct from the web browser? If so which one - as i don't recognise those requestors?

I will assume that you were not downloading anything else or streaming at the same time as this could affect anything you are doing, but you would have to have been hammering it to affect the download that much with your speeds.

The other site you mention was better but even that is very, very slow considering your connection which suggests that either there was a network problem that affected in your region, so the traffic was being routed all over the place rather than the straightest line.

Of course there are others that will have conspiracy theories but lets not go there.

If everything works fine then 75mb should be almost instantaneous with your speed.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Guys

Just downloaded to test and it took about 2 secs. Virgin Media 220+ mbps. Not quite as fast as your connection Bruno but close.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Hi Bruno,

I hope it was a temporary glitch on the network and your access to this site is back to normal.

If not, can you do a traceroute to this server and send me the results? Perhaps we can find out where the bottle neck is.

Open a command prompt and type "tracert militaryaiworks.com".
braudoux
Cadet
Cadet

Re: [RESOLVED]Web access and download very very slow

Post by braudoux »

Hi guys and thanks for your repies... Sorry for delay but I was out of home !
I tried to download the same file today and it took 13 seconds... Something went wrong last day. All is fine now.
Cheers
Bruno
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

It is good that it has improved dramatically but it still took twice as long as my download and your speed is 5x greater. It may very well all be related to where you are in the world.
Steve