The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

No update new download lately?

Technical support for the MAIW website and forums.
Big777jet
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

No update new download lately?

Post by Big777jet »

I noticed the update was last time was on June 30, 2021. No update over a month today. I uploaded scenery 2 weeks ago. No update to the library MAIW yet. What happening?

Thanks,

Stuart
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: No update new download lately?

Post by Firebird »

This is an interim answer and should not be considered the final answer.

For uploads there is a manual part of the process. This is designed in for safety sake. There are two people that can complete this part, again for safety and quality reasons.

Occasionally there will be times where RL prevents both of them from interacting with the website for a period of time. This must be one of them.

As I do not know their circumstances, and lets be honest they do not have to let me know what they are, we will have to wait and see where they are in RL.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

I am back from vacation and will have a look later.

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

All released

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by Delboy99 »

Thanks Martin. Much appreciated
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Any more news on the MPAI Su conversions (besides what was posted in the AIG forum back in June) or any other FSX/P3D conversions for that matter?!?!? Thanks!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

jetpilot1980 wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 15:11 Any more news on the MPAI Su conversions (besides what was posted in the AIG forum back in June) or any other FSX/P3D conversions for that matter?!?!? Thanks!
Well Michael Pearson is doing quite a few these days which is good, they're on avsim & there's more to come as well. I'm doing the MKAI MiG 29 & it's taking a long time, a; because there's a lot of models to do & b; my pc has been messing me around of late (I think my psu has taken a dive) so it's taking a lot longer than I imagined. These things really do take a long time so be patient, good things come to those who wait
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Sorry to hear about your computer troubles...Reason I asked about the Su's was the 7/16 update in AIG said nearly complete, one in QC and one coming into packaging... Since it was gsnde's update I wasn't sure who at MAIW was doing the actual work Michael or otherwise... Also since it is almost two months later I figured I would politely inquire... But agreed good things come to those who wait...
Muckinator2005
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by Muckinator2005 »

The grass doesn't grow faster when you pull on it (African proverb)

I'm still in the process of converting the Su-24. Current status is around 70% finished. But real life sometimes prevents you from moving forward. Right now I'm working in another country with 10+ each day. So even if I could find some spare time to convert the one or other model, I don't have the opportunity to take them to a testflight and no plane leaves my shop without a test.
Additionally LM sometimes doesn't make life easy. With V5.2 landing and taxi lights don't operate the same way like they did for example in V4. So I had to figure out a way to make them show up again and change all those models that I already did finish. I already know that I'll have to go through all the MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-27 and Su-15 (which is still in QC) and that's highly motivating.
Apart from what Dan already meantioned (the huge number of different models) there are also a bunch of people involved in the process of getting converted models released and they also have a real life.
As long as we can't make a living out of converting planes or we can find someone who is willing to sponsor our way of life this remains a hobby which we attend when we've got the time for it.
So asking for progress reports or release dates won't speed up the process in any way.

Jean Claude
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Wasn't trying to "pull on the grass" was just curious... Thanks for the update!