Email issues with Yahoo and AOL accounts

Technical support for the MAIW website and forums.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Email issues with Yahoo and AOL accounts

Post by Greg » 13 Aug 2019, 21:55

We're having intermittent trouble with the Yahoo email servers resulting in possible undelivered emails from militaryaiworks.com for the time being to Yahoo and AOL accounts (including automatic forum emails such as PM notificiations).

The Yahoo staff is far from helpful with solving this issue, stating that "a user" reported our emails as spam and consequently their system bounces all our emails for a certain time. Apparently the situation will resolve itself and there is nothing I can do. :smt102

Sorry for the inconvenience.

bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Email issues with Yahoo and AOL accounts

Post by bvanhout » 14 Aug 2019, 18:16

Sounds like AOL/Yahoo

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg » 03 Oct 2019, 08:55

E-mails from the militaryaiworks.com domain are again being "temporarily deferred due to user complaints" without any warning or further explanation from Yahoo. There is nothing I can do, despite my best efforts to resolve this with them.

If you registered your account here with a @yahoo.com or @aol.com address but want to keep receiving automatic forum notifications, I suggest changing your e-mail address. You can do this by clicking on your username in the top right corner of the forums, open the User Control Panel, go to the Profile tab and in the menu on the left side choose Edit account settings. You will need to reactivate your account with a link that is sent to your new address.

If you're a new user and want to register a new account, don't use a Yahoo address since it is likely that you won't receive the account activation link in your mailbox.

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by VulcanDriver » 06 Oct 2019, 05:49

I've noticed I no longer get emails in my Inbox using the yahoo app on my tablet. They now go into unread. Yahoo have really screwed this up.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg » 14 Oct 2019, 07:08

This issues is still going on.

While I can't force all current Yahoo users to change their address, new registrations with a @yahoo.com or @aol.com address are now blocked.

Apologies for the inconvenience.