The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Serbian Fighters and Transports package by Miljan Korac

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Serbian Fighters and Transports package by Miljan Korac

Post by Alan Robertson »

Well, I can report that the new AFCAD is much better. The full length of the runway is now visible although in a couple of places it is 'floating' above the ground. Not sure if that can be fixed without lowering the altitude and returning to the original problem.
Regards,

Alan
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK here is the new airport height for 694' If this doesn't work then it will need a full blown sbuilder mod.
Attachments
MAIW_LYKV_ADE9_SH_ALT.zip
(342 Bytes) Downloaded 44 times
Steve
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Thanks Steve. Not much difference though; still long stretches of the runway floating. However, I would say that it's probably not worth spending any more time on this as the net effect is still a big improvement on the original. I mean, how many times in my life am I ever going to fly in and out of here??!! :lol:

Many thanks to both you and Miljan for your work - I've no idea how or what you're doing with these 'Black Arts' but I'm impressed.
Regards,

Alan
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I notice that the FDE of the Mig-29 has been modified to fit MAIW purposes,as stated in the aircraft.cfg.
I wonder if this modification works also with other MiGs released till now.
One of the most relevant change, is the cruise speed. 811 Knots in the original, 540 Knots now. Could this (and other changed parameters) affect the timing of the FPs I've created for my MiGs?

Thanks, Giorgio
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

Easy to check.Put in folder,change aircraft.cfg and open with AIFP.

Miljan
VIVA LA VIDA
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Giorgio,
Yes, it does work with all releases of the MiG-29 v2 model. All mine are in one folder and all use the same fde.

On the timings yes it could but it will depend upon two things. The flightplans themselves and the compiler you use. The compilers use the speed that is set in the Aircraft.txt file, however some like AIFP in particular have options to always use aircraft cruise speeds, from the aircraft.cfg files.

Now if your flightplans are set to use 540 knots then the simple answer is that there are not affected. If they are set to use 800kts then yes they are going to be well out. If the plans are set to use 420 kts they will be out, and if you use AIFP and set the aircraft to use the aircraft cruise speed then they will be out.
The chances are that you will have to adjust the flightplans. If you use AIFP the good news is that it will show you the optimum time to arrive on cruise setting, for each leg. It may take some work but it will help. TNG legs are a particular pain, as you have to adjust two legs at a time.

I an ideal world your aircraft.txt speeds should match your aircraft cruise speed.

Now as for the reason that the cruise speed is lower is simply that although an aircraft can do 800kts it does not cruise at 800kts, combat aircraft do not spend all flight in burner. It is unrealistic.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Thanks for your answers.
I use RPP_FPGen for my FP, and at present I don't want to spend time in re-doing all of my Mig FP.
May be later.
Thanks, Giorgio
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

Problem solved.For those with mesh.Put this file in Addon Scenery/Serbian Airbases/scenery.And make sure that Serbian Airbases is above your mesh in scenery library.

Miljan
Attachments
MAIW_LKCV_flatten_1.bgl
(248 Bytes) Downloaded 56 times
VIVA LA VIDA
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

I can confirm that Miljan has cracked it. This new flatten file along with the original package AFCAD is the solution. Many thanks to both him and Steve for their work in solving this problem for me. I am a happy bunny. :D
Regards,

Alan
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Looks like an error that had been corrected at one point found its way into the final version. The error is that the sub folder "texture" inside of the "MAIW Scenery Library Objects" main folder is spelled incorrectly. In the initial release of this package, this sub folder is spelled "textures" with an extra "s" on the end.

This will cause one of two things depending on whether or not you have already installed previous MAIW packages before this one:

1) If you have installed previous MAIW packages that make use of the generic MAIW scenery libraries, you should already have a scenery folder inside of your main Addon Scenery folder called "MAIW Scenery Library Objects". Open that folder up and normally you should have just two sub folders, "scenery" and "texture".

If you installed this package already, and have installed previous MAIW packages with scenery before, you are probably looking at an extra sub folder sitting inside of your "MAIW Scenery Library Objects" folder called "textures" with that extra "s".

A) If this is the case, and you do not appear to be missing any textures from the scenery, you can just simply delete the folder called "textures". That is all that is required.
B) If you do appear to be missing textures from some of the scenery objects, then you will need to download the correct set of textures from this link:Texture

This is a link to a new set of generic scenery textures for this package (saves you from having to download the whole package again). Simply copy this set of textures into your "MAIW Scenery Library Objects/texture" sub folder allowing it to overwrite previously installed textures. Make sure to keep the textures with the newest dates on them.

2) If this is your first MAIW package that you have installed that has scenery as a part of it, simply go into your "MAIW Scenery Library Objects" folder (located in Flight Simulator 9/Addon Scenery) and change the spelling of that texture sub folder from "textures" with the extra "s" to just "texture" with no "s" at the end. That should fix any missing textures you may be experiencing.

3) If you are unsure of which fix you should attempt, simply download the texture set from the link above and add them into the correct folder which is "MAIW Scenery Library Objects/texture".

Note if you have downloaded this package after the time stamp date on this post, you do not need to do anything as this is a fixed version.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

Thanks for the package guys. Always a hoot to see new models. And thanks for my bday present. (the Hellenic A-7 package)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Gents,
I have a attached an update to the MiG-29 fde. Just drop this aircraft.cfg into the Serbian MiG-29 folder to replace the other one. This will cure a potential flip over problem when ground manoeuvring.
Attachments
MiG-29 FDE v1_1.zip
(4.7 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Steve
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

FWIW, Miljan has released repaints for the payware SBAI Mil Mi-8MT/Mi-17 and flightplans for the two Mi-17's with the 890th Mixed Helicopter Squadron at Batajnica: sbaimi17serbia.zip @ AVSIM.

Unfortunately the model radius of the SBAI Mi-8MT is 17 metres, while the largest parking spot in the scenery from this package is 16 metres. However, judging by the filename, the AF2 file can be edited with AFCAD (instead of ADE) for a quick fix.