The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JASDF Nyutabaru AB package by Desmond Burrell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

JASDF Nyutabaru AB package by Desmond Burrell

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: JASDF Nyutabaru AB package by Desmond Burrell

Post by reconmercs »

Hey guys, here's Mark's updated AFCAD for the RJFN, it removes the parking spot near the gate guard.

Note: A fixed version of this package has been uploaded. If you have downloaded this package on or after August 2nd, 2011, you DO NOT need to download the updated AFX file for RJFN that is attached below.
Attachments
MAIW_AFX_RJFN_custom.zip
(29.82 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

Alan Robertson wrote:
Dave YVR ATC wrote:Love the fact that I just drop it into FSX and the scenery works perfectly. Thanks so much for mipping the aircraft as well (not that I mind doing it myself).

What an awesome package, thank you!
The man's not wrong - it does indeed drop into FSX sweetly. So, are there any other MAIW packages that also do the business in FSX without all the faffing around? :D
The AFD was created using AFX [which was created for FSX], i dont use AFCAD anymore and i very rarely use ADE..
Any of my sceneries should drop straight into FSX.. :wink:

Tony
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Wolfhound »

great package as always but i have 1 problem with the F4,i have got white smoke coming from the engine instead of black smoke am i missing a texture?????
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Perhaps or your texture file has been altered by another proggy or addon. That smoke effect uses two default effect textures. I have attached them here since they are default. They belong in your FS9/Effects/Texture folder.
Attachments
Smoke_Effect_Textures.zip
(67.1 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Alright, I can't take it any longer. Kevin went to some trouble to include this feature so it's worth pointing out since no one seems to be noticing it.

The F-15s do not have their loadouts when they are sleeping, IOW they're not armed when they're not flying. It's only when the aircraft are preparing to go that they have weapons on board. Some of those weapons, the AIM-9s for example, keep their covers/RBF banners until the aircraft is ready to taxi just like in real life.

Now you know the rest of the story..... :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Wolfhound
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Wolfhound »

Thanks Mike that did the job,as always great support :smt003 :smt003
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

I just installed it and EditVoicepack tells me I'm missing the NYUTABARU callsign, but I don't think it was included with the package.

:wink:
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Mike... wrote:I just installed it and EditVoicepack tells me I'm missing the NYUTABARU callsign, but I don't think it was included with the package.

:wink:
Hi Mike,

That's a small error. Change the callsign in the a/c cfg, to (I think) Eagle - or whatever the others in that unit are using.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Stew is correct and pointed it out to me almost as soon as the release but I haven't gotten around to correcting it :oops: the callsign for that jet should be "EAGLE".
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

Done and done, thanks guys!