The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MCAS Miramar by Desmond Burrell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: MCAS Miramar by Desmond Burrell

Post by reconmercs »

almost got something ready guys thanks to Mark 8) I wanna look at it one more time, then I'll post it up.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Alright guys, Mark Campbell made a file that basically allows you to use the retro Miramar scenery with the modern day AFCAD originally included with this package. To do this download the attached file, go into the "MAIW Miramar NAS/scenery" folder and DELETE the "miramar2.bgl" and the "MAIW_AF2_KNKX_RETRO.bgl" AFCAD. drop the two files included in the attached file into the "MAIW Miramar NAS/scenery" folder and you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any questions
Attachments
KNKX AFCAD for Scenery.zip
(16.89 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

If we have the "Top Gun" package installed do we need to remove anything after installing the new MCAS Miramar? I noticed several AI Traffic bgl's that reference TOPGUN. Thank you.
AVSIM Library Director
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Those topgun bgls are traffic files, u should remove those too unless u want the top gun traffic but, the modern afcad was not meant to accommodate the traffic in that package just aircraft currently stationed there and of course transient traffic
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

I've removed the following:
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing2.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing9.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing10.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing11.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing15.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_KNKX.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_NSAWC.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_RAG.bgl

Are their any other files that need to be removed traffic/scenery? The instructions indicate you can not use the TOPGUN package with the new package but does not list specific files to be removed. Thanks for your help!
AVSIM Library Director
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

Great stuff MAIW team! I need to go TDY more often because every time I am away from home all kinds of crazy stuff gets released.

Hope to see the rotary-wing side of Miramar come to life soon!

Keith
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

flyerkg wrote: Hope to see the rotary-wing side of Miramar come to life soon!

Keith
If/When appropriate models ever become available I'll definitely try to fill out the rest of the base :wink:
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

jerel2k7 wrote:I've removed the following:
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing2.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing9.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing10.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing11.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_Airwing15.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_KNKX.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_NSAWC.bgl
Traffic_MAIW_TOPGUN_RAG.bgl

Are their any other files that need to be removed traffic/scenery? The instructions indicate you can not use the TOPGUN package with the new package but does not list specific files to be removed. Thanks for your help!

you also need to remove "miramar2.bgl" and the AFCAD "MAIW_AF2_KNKX_RETRO.bgl"
Corvette99
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Corvette99 »

the Top Gun scenery with the new MCAS traffic is PERFECT ! Great job gentlemen !!!
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

thanks a lot for your fine work and support

I followed the instruction to combine Tomcat NAS and Miramar MCAS.

here is my small problem (did I miss anything?)

forget about, I found it...
I had deactivated 2 excludes for KNKX (shame on me) ...
Guenther
btbenoit
Cadet
Cadet

Post by btbenoit »

I have MAIW topgun installed on my computer..Where do I find the files to remove to be able to use the new Miramar???
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I have some problem with C-130 and Harrier, landing on 24R. They have a shorter landing run than the Hornets, so they exit on the first taxiway on the right. (the one you can see in the second image here: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 20&t=10512)
C-130 exits from runway, arrives to the Hold Short Node, and stays there until it disappears.
Harriers exits, arrives at the node, and disappears immediatly.

Not a problem of availability of parking spot (they should disappear on the runway), and no conflicting AFCAD.
I'm using the AFCAD uploaded later by Des.
Someone with the same problem? Any idea?

Giorgio
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

btbenoit wrote:I have MAIW topgun installed on my computer..Where do I find the files to remove to be able to use the new Miramar???
The traffics files are in FS9\scenery\world\scenery

Giorgio
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

This error was previously reported and fixed already. -Moderator
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

newbie to the site, working on miramar with all the recommendations, what a great site and so much to add, keep up the great work!!!
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Hi everybody, good saturday morniing from Florida. I have the west coast of the US basically covered with MAIW bases, thank you for all your hard work. People when they come over the house and I show them the airbases they think the detail is awesome.

I have a question. Right now I've put my attention with FS2004 to the west coast states of the US, a newbie right now, flying commercial and military planes, with the military ones and especially the airports of MAIW I notice when I try to set my runway up for landing say going into MCAS Miramar there isn't an ILS or anything like that on my GPS to line me up, it just says "public:", is that the standard set up for approaches to military bases? Just wanted to see what input any of you may have or am I doing something wrong!! Thanks. Going to take a C-141 from KNZY NAS North Island over to Nellis AFB in Las Vegas.

Thanks
Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Are you going through all the pages on the GPS? There is an ILS to 24R at NKX. Most military bases will have at least an ILS and TACAN approaches with the later not install in the base FS9. There is an add-on scenery file to install TACANs (basically a VOR/DME) in the sim. Sometimes designers have to an a "fake" ILS in order for the AI to behave correctly on approach. Go into your FS9 map and click on NKX, you should have the ILS freq and course.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks Chris, being new, and forgot, I should've thought about looking into what you mentioned. I took a flight from knkx (miramar) to kbab (beale) and there was ils for it. I just have to make sure where I am headed out to I have things set up right. This site is so cool. Once I am done flying up and down the west coast of the US I am going to the east coast and set up the commercial and military airports, it will be alot of fun.

Frank
WTCHURSIX