The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

21st Air Calvary Brigade package by Desmond Burrell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

21st Air Calvary Brigade package by Desmond Burrell

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: The included AFD file for Robert Gray Army Air Field (KGRK) does NOT add parking to this base, it was simply added to correct the error that shipped with default MS2004 that erroneously combined KGRK and KHLR into one airport causing serious elevations errors.

NOTE 2: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: 21st Air Calvary Brigade package by Desmond Burrell

Post by Thud »

Great package!! Allready flown a low level mission on the wing of a Dutch Apache!!
One thing however, it seems that the Apaches float a little above the ramp??
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Jack Broughton - Going Downtown
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

That can happen depending on what proggy you are using to view them. If it's an AI viewer like TVB, we've seen that. If you're seeing them out the window of your flyable aircraft, that might be another issue.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

Noticed it from the cockpit while hovering around the ramp. It seems that the wheels don't touch the ramp.
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Thud wrote:Noticed it from the cockpit while hovering around the ramp. It seems that the wheels don't touch the ramp.
Certainly didn't experience that on my set-up, although I am using FSG Terrain mesh.

Edit: Checked again and aircraft are on the ground. Can you check and make sure you only have 1 afcad installed for Hood AAF.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Nice surprise to find this for my neck of woods. Downloading now, but just reading the notes, the Dutch Apaches should be closing up shop soon and 21st Cav will be moving over to GRK, moving all of 1st Air Cav to HLR. Probably too late now but I can somewhat beta test any Army avaition packages you guys have in the future.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Victory103 wrote:Nice surprise to find this for my neck of woods. Downloading now, but just reading the notes, the Dutch Apaches should be closing up shop soon and 21st Cav will be moving over to GRK, moving all of 1st Air Cav to HLR. Probably too late now but I can somewhat beta test any Army avaition packages you guys have in the future.

yeah, I was kind of iffy on current basing there (KHLR)..it didn't even cross my mind to send you a pm :oops: I'll keep you in mind if we do any more units out of KHLR or KGRK
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

No issue, just happy to have something for my area. I'll adjust my FP's to my own and maybe post them here as an optional file if needed. Longhorn and Shorthorn strips are used exclusively by both Apaches and mobilized Guard units, I also have basic AFD's for 3 dirt strips/LZ's we use, no AI going to them yet. GRK has a RC-12 unit(c/s "RAIL") and OSA det(c/s "PAT" or "ARMY") flying C-12/UC-35's, I had these in my old FS9 set up and can get more accurate info when I transfer to the OSA unit next year. Not sure if MIKE JG is looking at building the Army UAV's, but many Ravens and Hunters out of GRK.

The AFD codes will change, 4th CAB (4 ID's aviation unit) is now at Ft. Bliss AAF. We only have ourselves (1st Air Cav) and 158th Army Reserves (x H-47 now H-60 unit) at HLR, along with 2 firefighting/Evac UH-1's. When I left for my current deployment, 229th (x-3rd ACR) was about to move, their H-64's with tiger teeth. Currently 1st Cav is split between HLR and GRK, trust me it's confusing to me as well.

Callsigns for the ranges (Hood MOA and R-6302) are the aircraft type and last 5 of the tail#. In this case "Longbow XXXXX", we use "Army Copter" outside of the ranges flying throughout our local area (I'm down at DWH and CLL for lunch as much as I can).

Great job gents,
Chris
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

okay, I have been able to duplicate it but it is strange. Guess it has something to do with FS itself.
If I start at Hood AAF everything is well, the Apaches are parked on the ramped....if I take of from Gray AAF and fly into Hood, I can see the Apaches parked above the ramp. If you look from the side, you will see the yellow centerline uninterrupted by the landinggear...!
I have no double afcads or other material.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Thud wrote:okay, I have been able to duplicate it but it is strange. Guess it has something to do with FS itself.
If I start at Hood AAF everything is well, the Apaches are parked on the ramped....if I take of from Gray AAF and fly into Hood, I can see the Apaches parked above the ramp. If you look from the side, you will see the yellow centerline uninterrupted by the landinggear...!
Okay mate, I will try and replicate that.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Stewart Pearson wrote:
Thud wrote:okay, I have been able to duplicate it but it is strange. Guess it has something to do with FS itself.
Okay I did the flight between Gray and Hood in a Jetranger and I'm sorry, but everything looks okay dokey to me.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this glitch.

Anyone?
Stew

delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Have just noticed a texture error for 02-05287 (fltsim.16 in the cfg), the texture line points to 02-05285
Cheers
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

delbydoo wrote:Have just noticed a texture error for 02-05287 (fltsim.16 in the cfg), the texture line points to 02-05285
Cheers

Thanks for the heads up Daryl, I'll see about getting that sorted
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Stewart Pearson wrote:
Stewart Pearson wrote:
Okay I did the flight between Gray and Hood in a Jetranger and I'm sorry, but everything looks okay dokey to me.

Anyone?
tried the same using default Cessna and got exactly what Thud reported. Have not had a
chance to check for intruding AFCAD/FLATTEN/LC as yet due RL. May get a chance to check further this evening.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

petebramley wrote:

Anyone?

tried the same using default Cessna and got exactly what Thud reported. Have not had a
chance to check for intruding AFCAD/FLATTEN/LC as yet due RL. May get a chance to check further this evening.
Peter,

next time you see this park next to them and select a new aircraft, they will all probably drop to the floor then when everything recycles. I saw this with a package I did, I think its glitch but cannot prove it as Nicks no longer around.

Mark
Mark
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Aren't helicopters meant to hover? :? :? :twisted:
Stew

petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Hi Guys

Have had another look and done as you requested Mark.

The results are the same each time and using any Aircraft (Default or User installed).

If I start from Hood AAF (KHLR) the AI are all sat on the tarmac as per normal. But if I fly
from Gray AAF (KGRK) into KHLR then the AI Aircraft float above the tarmac. If i then
change user Aircraft as suggested the AI Aircraft remain floating.

After landing at KHLR from KGRK in the Default Cessna:

Change of Aircraft to the Default Mooney:

The nearest AF2 file I have installed is KAUS and nearest scenery is probably KDFWv3
from FRF.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
gvbeek
Captain
Captain

Post by gvbeek »

Please check the roundels of the dutch Apache.
On the screenshots above they're not correct.
Right upper is red, under is white and left above is blue.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
- Gert van B.
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

They are correct though in FS...Dutch Apaches carry the towned down version!

Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

And they float as well :D

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -