The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

El Salvadoran Air Force A-37B Dragonfly package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

El Salvadoran Air Force A-37B Dragonfly package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please post feedback and comments about this package here
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Guys there's an error with your Voicepak mod, basically the identifier doesn't match the phrase, I fixed it and attached the file here, HTH.
Attachments
DRAGONE.zip
(711 Bytes) Downloaded 59 times
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Told you some b*gger would notice! :lol:

Dan it's over to you mate.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by CrazyDunc »

LOL! Benclark it was diliberate, dan wil lexplain more wen he pops by!

dunc
Regards,
Dunc
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Eagle Eyes strikes again :twisted: lol Seriously guys nice package.

Only other critiscism would be on the model, little bit weird the LOD shift from 4 to 5 on the tail when it has a bump and then go's totally straight and also from LOD 4 onwards the cockpit floor and sides start becoming transparent in areas to show whatever is beneath it. If there are poly's present then all they need is texturing.

Edit - Don't u just hate it when people post while your typing lol, guess Dan's 'e' key wasn't working :wink:
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

actually no, this was intentional the voicepack that was supposed to come with the package was the callsign Dragon' as it says in the README, a last minute swap caused the error of still having Dragone in there which causes the error. the intended callsign is included below
Attachments
DRAGON'.zip
(703 Bytes) Downloaded 64 times
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Well since it sounds exactly the same and the aircraft.cfg file is setup to use Dragone not Dragon' (which thinking about it will that even work considering how FS can be with symbols?) I'll stick with my fixed Dragone file.

Oh and as for the readme its not in any of the 3 copies of the same readme text file.

MHTML documents meanwhile I tend to avoid as they're generally a pain in the arse, I've had some in the past do some weird things. I trust you guys but don't trust the document type.
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

benclark wrote:...
MHTML documents meanwhile I tend to avoid as they're generally a pain in the arse, I've had some in the past do some weird things. I trust you guys but don't trust the document type.
How about PDF?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Best format around, everyone can open a PDF :D
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

benclark wrote: Only other critiscism would be on the model, little bit weird the LOD shift from 4 to 5 on the tail when it has a bump and then go's totally straight and also from LOD 4 onwards the cockpit floor and sides start becoming transparent in areas to show whatever is beneath it. If there are poly's present then all they need is texturing.
Hi Benclarck

Sorry my english is not perfect, so I don't understand everything you say here :oops:

Can you add more explanations and maybe post a screenshot?

In the meantime I'll check on the model

Cheers

EDIT : OK the missing poly's have been added to LOD 100 and 75 (or 4 and 5 if U wish) - Still need the info about the first problem
Pascal
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Ben,

Well, if you can live with the red in EditVoicepack, the callsign that was released will actually be more accurate in the sim because it's spelled correctly and doesn't have the ' behind it. Dragon in Espanol is spelled the same (no e) but pronouced differently. Why EVP cares that the phrase doesn't match the identifier, I'll never know. I had to use something different from "Dragon" as the identifier, though, because I didn't want to overwrite the Anglicanized pronunciation version that's correct for some Air Forces. The Dragon' version is a great compromise Stewart came up with that will keep EVP happy without really misspelling it in the sim. So, take your pick! :wink:

Pascal is looking at the LODs--anything else that needs looking at?

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Dan that makes sense, I'll live with having an e on the end though rather than red in EVP, makes it a pain in the neck otherwise when searching for duplicates after updating lol.

With the model here's the LOD shift problem on the tail, I just checked too and the previous USAF version of the model has this as well so it might be too big a job to change now, it definitely looks odd though as you taxi past to see the aircraft belly suddenly sag lol.
Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (30.08 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Okayyy
now I understand what you mean by "bump"

Well I will chack what I can do w/o adding too much poly's

Cheers
Pascal
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Cheers Pascal, if you can't do anything don't worry, its something everyone else has lived with now and only something I personally find a little odd as you taxi past and the LOD's change either up or down, I think LOD transitions though are the hardest part of a model to get right as each change needs to lose plenty of poly's but without altering the look of the model too greatly as to make the change obvious.
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Ben,

I just uploaded the updated models of the Dragonflies.
Shouldn't take long for an released update now :D

Cheers
Pascal
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Cool, nice one Pascal, can't wait to see them appear! Cheers for doing this, hopefully the difference will make the effort worthwhile 8)
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

I do have some problem with this package, i cant get any military aircraft to show up at MSLP. I have checked my afcad's and also reinstalled manually but no luck. The only AI's i have got at MSLP are small GA and an Delta 737 or something. Any suggestions?

Thanks for enhancing my flightsim experience, you guys and gals are doing a tremendous work :D
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Have you confirmed all of the relevant files are in the correct location? What is your traffic slider set to?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

After reading this post I decided to check to see if I was experiencing the same problem.
Lo and behold, I didn't have any aircraft at the airports at that scheduled time.
I use yRoute for my AI, and when I checked it, it wouldn't show the aircraft.

What I found is that the title in the aircraft cfg file is not the same as in the aircraft text file.

Aren't both entries supposed to be identical?

Here is an example:

From the cfg file:

[fltsim.0]
title=WoA_PSAI_A-37B_FPR_116 fuel
sim=PSAI_A37B_AI_ONLY
model=fuel
texture=FPR_711_116
atc_airline=Dragon'
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes=E711,E712
ui_manufacturer=PSAI
ui_type=A-37B Dragonfly
ui_variation=Fuerza Aerea del Peru 116 (fuel)
description=Cessna A-37B Dragonfly for AI Use Only. Model by Pascal Suls - AI FDE by Michael MacIntyre - Repaint by Dan Bourque

And here is what the aircraft text file has:

AC#422,340,"WoA_PSAI_A37_El_Salvador_422_fuel"

Hope this helps in resolving this.

KJ

PS

After editing the cfg file to match what the aircraft text reads, I now have A37's all over the place... :-)
But, I don't have all the models that are in the package.
How do I add those?
KJ
siuav8r
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by siuav8r »

bringing this back to the top, over a year since the last post, I have found the same issue using ACA2005. The textures are in the aircraft folder, but there are no .cfg file entries for the el salvador dragonflies, only the peruvian ones. anyone have any ideas on this? I also have the same problem with the seaboard ANG package and the Canadian C-130's. There are a group of textures present with no .cfg file entries and therefore they do not show up in the sim.
Tim