The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

USN Airliners Part 1 package by Desmond Burrell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

USN Airliners Part 1 package by Desmond Burrell

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Elements of this package replace previously released MAIW US Navy AI traffic packages. Please read the included Readme file for further instructions.

NOTE 2: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: USN Airliners Part 1 package by Desmond Burrell

Post by Joseph29 »

In the readme file it says to remove the old MAIW USN Airliners package. If we do that wouldn't we be losing the US Navy C-40's? This package does not have those.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

I think the Part 1 bit may give it away :wink:

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks once again!
And McGuire was one of the sceneries I wanted to do!
I removed all the Hercules and airliners as indicated, but does this apply to the Beechcrafts too? I have some belonging to the USN and USMC in my sim, and they all belong to several MAIW packages.
Looking forward to the rest! Hope we'll see a Miramar scenery too!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Nice find after I hit the site in the morning(I check it daily). I am tracking recently all USN C-12's to be retired, at least in the base flight/VIP role.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Hello, I need some clarification on what must be deleted from old packages.

From the old USN Airliners package maiw_usn_airliners.zip I have these aircraft:
MAIW_AIA_C-9_USN
MAIW_AIA_C-40A_USN
The new package has only
MAIW_AIA_C-9 USN Airliners P1
Are the C-40s to be deleted? What about the old FP?

From the old USN USMC Hercks Package (woamil24.zip) there were four version of the C-130. E; H; H-30 and J. Are they all to be deleted or just the C-130H that comes with the new package?

Thanks, Giorgio
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Part of the problem that we have updating the old packages is that sometimes the new ones can't fit like for like. This is the case here.
There are 12 packages as part of this series and they replace 2 old packages the USN/USMC airliners and the USN/USMC Herks.

These are smaller packages, easier to put together and test, therefore quicker to release.

Now as to what you should do with the old packages. There are 3 ways to approach this.
1. Remove both the old packages and install the new packages as they appear to rebuild your AI.
2. Leave the old packages in place until all 12 have been released and then remove the old 2.
3. Modify the old packages to remove the replaced Sqns as the new packages appear.

In the case of 3. if you are not comfortable doing this using a text editor or a proggy like AIFP then you should choose options 1 or 2.
Option 2 has potential problems with duplicate traffic and maybe not enough parking spaces at certain places.
Option 1 will have less traffic initially but will be cleaner and will move closer to the finished article with each release.

I guess that you have to make your own choice as to which is the best approach for you personally.

Please note that the package readme recommends the following:-
NOTE: These packages replace MAIW USN Airliners package as well as the MAIW USN USMC Herks package. Be sure to REMOVE all parts of those older packages before attempting to use these new replacement packages.
This is done for simplistic support reasons. You are free to ignore this and do as you wish but we can't guarantee any time to sort out issues created by individual modifications.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Thanks Steve. Option one for me. :wink:

Giorgio
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

What I did was to go into my aircraft folders and look for aircraft from the squadrons in this package by looking at the names of the texture folders. If I found any that were part of this new release, I deleted their textures and their aircraft CFG entries, renumbered the CFG entries and then installed this new package.

That way you don't have to alter the older flight plans, you can just leave them be.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:Part of the problem that we have updating the old packages is that sometimes the new ones can't fit like for like. This is the case here.
There are 12 packages as part of this series and they replace 2 old packages the USN/USMC airliners and the USN/USMC Herks.

These are smaller packages, easier to put together and test, therefore quicker to release.

Now as to what you should do with the old packages. There are 3 ways to approach this.
1. Remove both the old packages and install the new packages as they appear to rebuild your AI.
2. Leave the old packages in place until all 12 have been released and then remove the old 2.
3. Modify the old packages to remove the replaced Sqns as the new packages appear.
I think option #1 is best for me.
Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

The afcad is a little messed up because the C-9s,130s, and C-12 are parking in the right area but where they are parking now in the sim is technaly the Marine ramp filled with CH-53s,UH-1s, and AH-1s. The Navy guys if your looking at it head on are parking to the left of the ramp(Closer to the end of runway 36, and 6). They have their own hanger to the left of the Marines. Hope this helps....
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Sounds like first hand current knowledge which is always very hard for us to come by. Thanks for the info, it certainly helps.
-Mike G.

Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

Its no problem at all, just want to make sure its all right. All of the units involved are units i grew up with since i live a few mins from EX NASjrb Willow Grove,and i cant stand the fact they are at McGuire, but if they are going to be in my sim might as well have it right!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

I agree! :smt003

Still can't used to calling it "Joint Base McGuire/Dix".... Freeking BRAC!
-Mike G.

Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

Also if you look on google earth you can see what im talking about because you can see just to the left of the ramp where they are building new hanger. Ive always hated brac, but once they took away my base, they forever will be on my S&%@ list
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

So the Navy birds should park in the blue shaded area and the Marine stuff parks in the red shaded area?
Attachments
KWRI.jpg
-Mike G.

Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

no no that picture is completely fine, thats the ang ramp...its where the stuff in the sim is parking now is the marine ramp.....it should be (if from google earth and a top down view on the right of it...
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Along with MIKE JG's post, I highly recommend using the AI editor program located at Owl's Nest site for making large changes to aircraft.cfg entries. I use a combo of this program and AIFP2 to keep everything clean, one will only have to go in and manually delete the now unused texture files.

Still researching the C-12 question, I know the USMC recently started getting new UC-12W (B350's) for the H&HS/VIP role. Also, I'm also seeing the all USN C-9's going away in the near future.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

VR-52 is suppose to lose their C-9s soon, i believe in march and aswell as VR-46 and i also know that VR-1 is going away soon too.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Let's keep this topic on point gents.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."