The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAAF Williamtown Hornets package by Mark Campbell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: RAAF Williamtown Hornets package by Mark Campbell

Post by campbeme »

sr01 wrote:Sorry Mark I should have better expressed myself . A/C taxiing out occasionally kick up dust .It seems to be an added animation to the F-18s (?)
Don't know what that is....TVB maybe.

Mark
Mark
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Have just got around to installing this great addition to my FS skies.

There is one small point I thought I'd point out though. If you have a look
at the MAIW Readme.mht it says the following in Section 6 Notes & Resources:

AFDs:

All AFDs were created using Flight 1’s Airport Facilitator X. This has got to be one of the finest freeware programs ever created. Note please only open AFX formatted AFD with Flight 1 Airport Facilitator X, opening the AFX formatted AFD with any other AFD program will lose important and needed data.

Corect me If I'm wrong but AFX is still Payware !!
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

petebramley wrote:Have just got around to installing this great addition to my FS skies.

There is one small point I thought I'd point out though. If you have a look
at the MAIW Readme.mht it says the following in Section 6 Notes & Resources:

AFDs:

All AFDs were created using Flight 1’s Airport Facilitator X. This has got to be one of the finest freeware programs ever created. Note please only open AFX formatted AFD with Flight 1 Airport Facilitator X, opening the AFX formatted AFD with any other AFD program will lose important and needed data.

Corect me If I'm wrong but AFX is still Payware !!
You are correct Peter. Thats the old cut and past typo from where Afcad usually is written in the readme, my bad. :oops:

Mark
Mark
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks for the runway sign fix, not at all a deal breaker just something I would notice if I was flying here real world.

The CAP,MK82 and Transit_Tanks models are the only "A" models I have noticed so far having the issues, still watching. Both seem fine during taxi to the hold short, about 1 second after they taxi to the active, outboard missiles/bombs disappear. I assume this is a timing issue with the advanced animations. I can't see this being related to FSX, but who knows it may be, regardless I can live with it.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Victory103 wrote:Thanks for the runway sign fix, not at all a deal breaker just something I would notice if I was flying here real world.

The CAP,MK82 and Transit_Tanks models are the only "A" models I have noticed so far having the issues, still watching. Both seem fine during taxi to the hold short, about 1 second after they taxi to the active, outboard missiles/bombs disappear. I assume this is a timing issue with the advanced animations. I can't see this being related to FSX, but who knows it may be, regardless I can live with it.
Thanks for the update,

I watched all model varient depart in FS9 last night and there was none of the problems you see with the A model even the flaps were deployed exactly the same as the B model. I will keep looking. I can confirm we have not tested in FSX.

Mark :D
Mark
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

BTW, looks who is at Nellis right now for Red Flag 12-3........

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6791 ... fc20_o.jpg
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

MIKE JG wrote:BTW, looks who is at Nellis right now for Red Flag 12-3........

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6791 ... fc20_o.jpg
Nice Tindal jet. They're next up.

Mark
Mark
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

campbeme wrote:
sr01 wrote:Sorry Mark I should have better expressed myself . A/C taxiing out occasionally kick up dust .It seems to be an added animation to the F-18s (?)

Mark
The "A/C kicks up dust" is something to do with FS9 and seems to be a random feature with addon airports.

At least it's not as bad as "User aircraft gets catapulted while cycling between AI aircraft views", which really annoys me, as it can occasionally send the user airplane on a never-ending journey (especially if it's a coastal airport, where the airplane lands in the ocean and the anti-collission mechanic kicks in and relaunches it).
sr01
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sr01 »

RKE wrote:
campbeme wrote:

Mark
The "A/C kicks up dust" is something to do with FS9 and seems to be a random feature with addon airports.

At least it's not as bad as "User aircraft gets catapulted while cycling between AI aircraft views", which really annoys me, as it can occasionally send the user airplane on a never-ending journey (especially if it's a coastal airport, where the airplane lands in the ocean and the anti-collission mechanic kicks in and relaunches it).
Thank's .
Is anyone else getting collisions between A/C when commencing taxiing ? Hornets (2)@ Monday 09:28 and Hawks (2 and once multiple collisions between Hawk # 17 and one other and then with 2 other Hawks ) @ Wednesday 14:29 ?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Thats a live with it problem that is. Happens at every FS busy airport at some point totally out of our hands. The AI engine is built in to FS and cannot be changed.

Mark
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

campbeme wrote:Thats a live with it problem that is. Happens at every FS busy airport at some point totally out of our hands. The AI engine is built in to FS and cannot be changed.

Mark I can DEFINATELY live with that ! ( bloody trainee pilots guided by half asleep trainee ATC :twisted: )
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

sr01 wrote:
campbeme wrote:Thats a live with it problem that is. Happens at every FS busy airport at some point totally out of our hands. The AI engine is built in to FS and cannot be changed.

Mark I can DEFINATELY live with that ! ( bloody trainee pilots guided by half asleep trainee ATC :twisted: )
If you have AFX you could use the parking randomize function, it could spread out the multi ship flights better than I did.

Mark
Mark
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

( bloody trainee pilots guided by half asleep trainee ATC)
They're talking about you again Barry! :P
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

In the texture folder for this aircraft, it notes that it hasn't been photographed since 2008.

I'm happy to report, she still looks the same. :wink:

Flying in Red Flag 12-3 currently ongoing at Nellis:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7184/6799 ... 1f1f_o.jpg
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

Did some error checking after install and ACA2007 Light complained about missing .air files. They're not missing, but the aircraft.cfg files list the filenames complete with .air extension, while that is not necessary/needed/wanted... Guess it's no issue as long as the aircraft show up in sim, but there ya go.

:wink:
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

Also Scan AFD finds a duplicate Afcad for YWL1, it seems that ICAO code is used by the YWL1 and YWL2 Afcad.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Mike... wrote:Also Scan AFD finds a duplicate Afcad for YWL1, it seems that ICAO code is used by the YWL1 and YWL2 Afcad.
Mike, that is a good spot thankyou. Originaly I was going to name Salt Ash Range YWL1, but then noticed that the ICAO YWL1 has already been used for a waypoint in the Hawk package. So I renamed the AFD file to YWL2, but forgot to change the ICAO to YWL2. :oops:

So here attached is a corrected AFD for Salt Ash Range. :D

Thanks

Attachments
MAIW_AF2_YWL2.zip
Replacement YWL2 AFD
(637 Bytes) Downloaded 75 times
Mark
Mike...

Post by Mike... »

No problem, and thank you!

:wink:
finfly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by finfly »

Always nice to come back and see more Hornets! :) She is the one and only. ;) Does this updated model work with the old NBAI-era textures?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

finfly wrote:Always nice to come back and see more Hornets! :) She is the one and only. ;) Does this updated model work with the old NBAI-era textures?
Hi Finfly,

No the textures are unique to this model only.

Mark