The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAAF Williamtown Hornets package by Mark Campbell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
finfly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: RAAF Williamtown Hornets package by Mark Campbell

Post by finfly »

Thanks Mark. Off to admire the new lady in the house then...
finfly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by finfly »

Unfortunally I have to report a bug. Sim flied is currently "sim=GAI_NBAI_F-A-18A-B_Hornet_Dry_AI_ONLY.air". Unless I remove the .air but ACA2007 sees it as an error. It does not effect on flightsim though.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

finfly wrote:Unfortunally I have to report a bug. Sim flied is currently "sim=GAI_NBAI_F-A-18A-B_Hornet_Dry_AI_ONLY.air". Unless I remove the .air but ACA2007 sees it as an error. It does not effect on flightsim though.
finfly,
This really makes no differance to the workings of the package, but as you have asked for support, all you need to do is delete the area I have put in bold red in your aircraft.cfg sim=GAI_NBAI_F-A-18A-B_Hornet_Dry_AI_ONLY.air

This will solve your problem with the package.

Thanks

Mark :D
Mark
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

Thanks to Mark for the great Williamtown package have really enjoyed watching the AI traffic in FS9 now if I can just get the AI traffic to show up in FSX. I am guessing its an issue with the ORBIX traffic . Cheers Greg 8)
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hi Greg,
You may find some answers in the FSX thread in the stickies. You may have a conflict with Orbx scenery, try switching it off and take a look. This package is really designed for FS9 only but its always nice to find answers for FSX users when possible so if you happen to get it working please share with us.
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =15&t=6975
highpriest
Cadet
Cadet

Post by highpriest »

gregone wrote:Thanks to Mark for the great Williamtown package have really enjoyed watching the AI traffic in FS9 now if I can just get the AI traffic to show up in FSX. I am guessing its an issue with the ORBIX traffic . Cheers Greg 8)
I have the RAAF AI traffic working like a charm in FSX alongside ORBX Traffic v3.2. Did you follow the MAIW FSX Installation Guide? You cant just copy the fs9 files over to FSX. You need to convert the fs9 traffic files for use in FSX using a third party program called AI Flight Planner. You also need to add a 'SimObjectPaths.X=SimObjects\MAIW' to your fsx.cfg to make the aircraft appear.

Also do you mean you cant see any RAAF AI at all or that you can see them but that there aren't flight movements?

Regards,
Mathew 'highpriest' Evans
RAAFvirtual member VATSIM VSOA
http://www.raafvirtual.org
Image Image
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

All sorted. the problem was my AI Flight planner I had not bothered to upgrade it. Converted the Traffic files with the very latest version now I have traffic at Williamtown in FSX. Cheers Greg :mrgreen:
highpriest
Cadet
Cadet

Post by highpriest »

gregone wrote:All sorted. the problem was my AI Flight planner I had not bothered to upgrade it. Converted the Traffic files with the very latest version now I have traffic at Williamtown in FSX. Cheers Greg :mrgreen:
Glad you got it sorted Greg. Hopefully the next MAIW RAAF release isn't too far away.... 8)
Image Image
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

highpriest wrote:
gregone wrote:All sorted. the problem was my AI Flight planner I had not bothered to upgrade it. Converted the Traffic files with the very latest version now I have traffic at Williamtown in FSX. Cheers Greg :mrgreen:
Glad you got it sorted Greg. Hopefully the next MAIW RAAF release isn't too far away.... 8)
My problem at the moment is which one to release first.....

Mark
Mark
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

campbeme wrote:
highpriest wrote:

Mark
:lol: :D :)
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

campbeme wrote:
highpriest wrote:

Mark
Easy, I have an answer to your quandry:

Release them both/all - give us a real treat
:D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
highpriest
Cadet
Cadet

Post by highpriest »

campbeme wrote: My problem at the moment is which one to release first.....

Mark
:smt007

OMG! Are there seriously more RAAF MAIW releases on short finals? :shock:
Image Image
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

Possible missing effect file

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\MAIW RAAF Bases\Scenery

FX_YWLM_LOZ_Tower_Light

Does anyone have this effect file? It appears the sim is looking for it (burning cpu cycles) and not finding it.

Thank you
AVSIM Library Director
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

This scenery has been a long time in the making and had several updates over time, it looks like the "YWLM_LOZ_Tower_Light.bgl" and FX_YWLM_LOZ_Tower_Light files have been made redundent however the "YWLM_LOZ_Tower_Light.bgl" still remains in the scenery folder. I think you can safely remove this .bgl file from the scenery folder and that should hopefully fix your issue with cpu cycles.

Mark G
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

Mark,

Thank you for replying! I will remove the .bgl file.

Jerel
AVSIM Library Director
Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

fishlips wrote:This scenery has been a long time in the making and had several updates over time, it looks like the "YWLM_LOZ_Tower_Light.bgl" and FX_YWLM_LOZ_Tower_Light files have been made redundent however the "YWLM_LOZ_Tower_Light.bgl" still remains in the scenery folder. I think you can safely remove this .bgl file from the scenery folder and that should hopefully fix your issue with cpu cycles.
Mark:

For the purpose of clarifying, are you saying it's okay to remove the YWLM_LOZ_Tower_Light.bgl file? :?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hey Guys,

Sorry for my late response here, I have attached the missing effect files and textures here for the Williamtowm scenery. I have already added them into the next Williamtown package in the works so they should not get missed again.

Attachments
Effects.zip
Just copy into your FS9 effects folder.
(63.69 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Mark
Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

campbeme wrote:Hey Guys,

Sorry for my late response here, I have attached the missing effect files and textures here for the Williamtowm scenery. I have already added them into the next Williamtown package in the works so they should not get missed again.

Thank You! :D
highpriest
Cadet
Cadet

Post by highpriest »

campbeme wrote:I have already added them into the next Williamtown package in the works so they should not get missed again.

Any hints or clues as to what this next Williamtown package will conatain? Or info on any RAAF package currently in the works would be greatly appreciated. Even if its only a tease.... :mrgreen:
Image Image
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Let's please keep this thread to support issues only.

If you guys want to start a separate RAAF AI thread in the other forums to continue this discussion, that is fine, but let's try to limit the posts here to support related stuff.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log